OCR00559 - Final Fantasy IV "Rydia (Clean Mix)"

orkybash

Final Fantasy IV 'Rydia (Clean Mix)'

I am honored to be able to get the first word in on this remix. This is Kaijin's best, IMHO, and given his consistently high production values, that's saying a lot. Anyway, this as a damn near perfect rendition of Rydia's theme - sounds like it should go at the end credits of an FF4 movie or something. Very well thought out - nothing stagnates (except maybe the drum loop), and nothing stands out inappropriately. If you can't tell by now, this song is highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

Once again, i am rendered speechless at the artistic value in this song .. i am thrown down and brought to my knees just listening to this amazing piece of art.

The piano is so amazing, the drumloop, the melody, the bass everything. Christ .. i cant stand running out of words like this, but this is hands down, the best remix i've heard up to date, and if i allready said that, well it beat that one !

Kajin = hero

Most reccomended download, really.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd just like to declare that this is a great song. I appreciate damn near all of it, and wish to thank Kaijin for this goodness. I'd love to be able to criticize it a bit, but it is far too difficult to think of bad things while listening to it. Thanks for the great remix!

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of those songs in which you need to hear it in it's entirety to really enjoy. At the beginning, it starts off with a mezmerizing effect, and then at the 1:00 and 2:00 marks, it changes a bit by adding a drum line and adding an added synth melody, respectively. I'm not sure if there are any flaws in the song, as I was heavily distracted to really notice or care for that matter :D Very awesome mix from a very awesome author.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

this definitely takes the cake for my favorite Kai mix. i play this loud whenever possible cause it deserves to be Felt. the intro’s already remarkable, what with the way Kai develops the first minute and then layers on the bass. but that piano sequence around 2:00? dude. i Melt

• 3 months later...

I'm new to this whole posting thing, but I definitely agree with the concensus of the other postings. I'm normally a harsh critic of remixes but there is nothing that I could possibly about this song that is in any way negative. You did the song justice, and that's an understatement.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I've just discovered the Rydia Theme.

This "clean" version is excellent.

I feel tears in my eyes.

Thanks, thanks Kaijin.

I was just about to ridicule this, that is, right before I couldn't see what I was typing, and this salty discharge started sitting in my eyes. Damn you, Kaijin, that was totally awesome. I need a hanky.

*goes to find a song to remix adult contemporary, ala Kaijin*

• 2 months later...

:( *sniff* well, now that I'm thoroughly depressed...

Anyway, Kaijin, this is an awesome Remix. I have played the game and seen Rydia, and though I cannot remember her actual original theme per se... I can imagine if a non-FF lover could mistake this for her's... it fits the child-like innocence that the character of Rydia had, somewhat even in her adulthood.

Excellent work on not only getting a good mix, but fitting the mix to a character like matching puzzle pieces.

If anyone finds anything wrong with this (someone said a drum scratch? What??), you are TOO DAMN PICKY!!

~Falcis Umbrae~

"The reaper is always a step behind me..." ~ Shadow, FFVI

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Great AC style mix of Rydia's theme, I loved the unique touches like the record scratches, and the synth leads.

Piano fills were tasteful and well done, and the backing beat was perfect. The only real improvement that could be made, I think, is the tone of the bass guitar. Seemed a bit trebley to me.

I loved how the song opened up when the piano chords dropped out at the middle section.

A great take on a great source tune.

• 7 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00559 - Final Fantasy IV "Rydia (Clean Mix)"