Super Mario Galaxy - Good egg galaxy

Harjawaldar

Personally, I think this is amazing. But as it is just a cover, it will not be accepted by OCR. You understand why, right?

By musical terms, this "mix" is great. It feels lacking in some places, but most of the time it's very full.

One of my favorite Galaxy tracks, done better than the original. :mrgreen:

Personally, I think this is amazing. But as it is just a cover, it will not be accepted by OCR. You understand why, right?

By musical terms, this "mix" is great. It feels lacking in some places, but most of the time it's very full.

not really, but he does does need to add like 2 or 3 parts thats original like 3 shreding partss or synth brakes to make it diffrent.

No he doesn't. OCR isn't about source+new stuff, ocr is about arrangement. Still, could be too coverish for ocr, methinks. Might still pass, it's got some creative guitar writing over the source, ending is also good with me.

On the technical side, it's got disproportionate amounts of bass, especially the bass drum, which makes it sound lacking in the mid range. A more balanced frequency balance would improve it a lot.

Really cool take on it. Sub it when it's fixed up some more, ocr needs more SMG. :D

And you still might as well submit it once people here say it's good enough. I've seen straight covers (dare I say MIDI RIP) accepted. So you have a chance.

You still might want to add something to it, like a solo, or something completely new. It might not need it, but it could help you out.

Oh, and do what Rozo says. :mrgreen:

And you still might as well submit it once people here say it's good enough. I've seen straight covers (dare I say MIDI RIP) accepted. So you have a chance.

Really? Point that one out to me (circa post-1000), since I haven't caught one that's midi-rip, yet.

Well, pretty much what everyone else has said on this - great cover of this track. The production value is very high (so you did a really good job on the 're-mastering' part) and the performance is tight. From time to time I think I hear a note or two that just don't agree with the rest of it, but I think that's just personal taste, here.

It sounds very well done, so I think you've accomplished what you said you set out to do - make an old track sound amazing using your fresh production skills on it. You never said you wanted it on OCR, so I don't really see why everyone's getting all in arms over the subject :lmassoff:.

If you did want to submit it, you'd pretty much need to start from scratch (since this is a recorded performance), so I'd forget about that idea (unless you want to re-perform the track, which is basically like starting a new remix). I'd love to see this put up on R:TS as it is, though, if you've got the time.

Sounds great, I'm keeping it for myself now :-D.

No he doesn't. OCR isn't about source+new stuff, ocr is about arrangement. Still, could be too coverish for ocr, methinks. Might still pass, it's got some creative guitar writing over the source, ending is also good with me.

On the technical side, it's got disproportionate amounts of bass, especially the bass drum, which makes it sound lacking in the mid range. A more balanced frequency balance would improve it a lot.

Really cool take on it. Sub it when it's fixed up some more, ocr needs more SMG. :D

they will count midi in sub panels whether it can even be judged. and even if per say its droned in one part thats Extremly diffrent, source midi instument replace, then it could get marked a a midi cover before it gets to panel with some other fun metric :P

Count midi in sub panels? Droned in one part that's extremely different? Source midi instrument replace? Other fun... metric? A a midi cover lol :P

Ok seriously, re-read your post.

btw Mads, your OCR Artist profile isn't in your post header under your name, I'm gonna post in Site Issues for you.

you said it could be coverish, is, but i said they may not like somthing close to the original and i listed reasons why.

they will count midi in sub panels whether it can even be judged. and even if per say its droned in one part thats Extremly diffrent, source midi instument replace, then it could get marked a a midi cover before it gets to panel with some other fun metric :P

I don't understand what you are saying at all, I think Rozovian meant you should re-read your post because your grammar doesn't make any sense. I litterally have no idea what you mean...

I don't understand what you are saying at all, I think Rozovian meant you should re-read your post because your grammar doesn't make any sense. I litterally have no idea what you mean...

yes i shorted it too much and left gaps in what i was saying. all im saying is that oc panels have metrics that arnt to friendly to songs that sound to close to a cover(or the originals midi)

Thanks for taking an interest in my song guys! And no, I won't be submitting it to OCR. Doing straight covers is usually my game. But if I do make a remix where a lot of improv feels right then I'll consider submitting it to OCR. If I'm satisfied with it that is.

I agree about the bass though, there is a tad too much.

I made a remix of the other famous theme from SMG about a year ago and will be remixing it in the near future. It's the same formula as this one, so if you liked it you have something to look forward to! :wink:

Thanks for taking an interest in my song guys! And no, I won't be submitting it to OCR. Doing straight covers is usually my game. But if I do make a remix where a lot of improv feels right then I'll consider submitting it to OCR. If I'm satisfied with it that is.

I agree about the bass though, there is a tad too much.

I made a remix of the other famous theme from SMG about a year ago and will be remixing it in the near future. It's the same formula as this one, so if you liked it you have something to look forward to! :wink:

post more!