DKC2 Alternative/ Acoustic Rock Remix

Gimgak

So I was originally planning on doing some epic orchestral/ electronic version of some DKC2 songs, but then I started strumming my guitar along with some of the originals and I ended up making this.

http://www.archive.org/details/DKC2Song_899

It's still in it's really early stages. I just threw some cheap soundfont drums in for now, eventually I'll get my drummer friend to record some live ones. The ending is still under construction.

It has parts from three different DKC2 songs, "Stickerbrush Symphony", "Bayou Boogie", and "Hot Head Bop".

Tell me what you think!

Holy crap. I am in love.

This actually reminds me a bit of Death Cab. But better. :-) Especially because it's my favorite game.

Honestly, it just warms my heart to hear this kind of stuff done with the music I've grown up with, and Stickerbrush Symphony lends itself especially well to this emotive acoustic song. Honestly, I feel that I like this better than I would even a very epic electronic mix. Best of luck, I'll keep my eyes out for the finished product.