OCR02113 - Touhou Koumakyou: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil "Devil's Advocate"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

I learned the source thanks to some random McDonald's videos on YouTube. And two days ago, I listened to this one on my player.

And I was blown away by this arrangement. This track is a pure madness. As other people said, it sounds like Master Elfman and would fit in a Tim Burton film, haha.

I love PrototypeRaptor's electro stuff, but he proved he can make some f***in' great orchestra arrangement.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is awesome. Such a change from PrototypeRaptor's other stuff, but really cool.

The voice at the beginning (Singing? Chanting? I'm not sure what to call it...) really reminds me of the score for American McGee's Alice (Which is awesome!).

The mix really does have a lot of energy though, and a very creepy tone. Not really what I was expecting from an orchestral piece, but probably better :).

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, after listening to this an additional dozen times or so, I've got to say, the percussion from 1:54 to 2:06 has definitely not grown on me. It sounds really out of place - the instrument just sounds wrong in this context. What would do better - wood block? Xylophone? Metal block? I don't know, but that just stands out and breaks my immersion.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02113 - Touhou Koumakyou: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil "Devil's Advocate"