OCR01263 - 7th Guest "Dolls from Hell"

djpretzel

This is one evil sounding mix. I love how it starts off with a deceptivly innocent opening before kicking into the twisted, moaning guitar. It manages to take a whole bunch of rather odd sounds and combine them to create a genuinely wierd, disturbing atmosphere. Jeez, I wish I had something more to say, other than gushing like a schoolgirl about Maze's talent. This is a perfect Halloween surprise to find on OCR in lonely hours of the night, and its almost as good as Bloodbath. Almost.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to kidnap Mazedude, so I can lock him in my basement and put him to work remixing for all eternity.

Nice.

I absolutely love the music in 7th Guest, it's one of the games on my most under-remixed list. And Mazedude with his usual panache has gone and made me very happy here :P

This one is going on the eternal loop for a while...very addictive stuff. Keeps the original feeling of the music while adding in a nice flair to it that is quint-essentially Mazedude's style.

What a atmosphere!

The piano, guitar pitches and vocal seems so creepy.

The track is above all amazingly well panned. Most of its feelings is lost in a poor panned environment. My headphones are very pleased with this composition.

Last add: I was waiting a long time to say this: I heard "Oh La, Oh Lae, Hip-hop Mix" and others capoeira mixes in your site. If want a brazilian opinion, all mixes rocks. I feel like I'm at a Quilombo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The sole piano in the beginning sets a mysterious, creepy tone for this piece. It also sort of gives it a macabre horror feel. The vocal sounds and more piano within the piece help to accentuate this macabre feel, but I felt that the piece overall is not a "frightening" one. I also felt that the guitar coming in at 2:00 kind of threw off the rhythm, but it is an overall pretty interesting piece.

• 7 months later...

Funny. With Mazedude always doing the exact opposite of the majority of mixers in the community and being different, he mostly ends up the same. Irony? His songs still rock, so I'm not complaining.

It's definitely in polar contrast to AmIEvil's contribution. Nice lead synth, it sort of "bends" through the aural spectrum (read- I don't actually have any decent musical knowledge). The key change halfway through gives it a bit more flavour, but I thought the song overall could have benefited from more variation- mainly the percussion.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

the track is not very outstanding; the piano at the beginning is quite well, but the overall sound quality damages the piece substantially. What's more, the tracks lacks ideas beyond the choice of instruments, all of which do what they are likely to. The ending is the part with the most problems: essentially we are forced to wait without hearing anything of interest from 2:20 on after the guitar solo. That said, the combination of instruments is generally well chosen and linked (by construction of what sound to occur when within the bar). I dislike the guitar's sound, and the fact that it comes back in a different key at the end does not help that. Yet, if Mazedude instead had stuck to the (and maybe some more other) sounds and trimmed the piece, it could have been much better.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01263 - 7th Guest "Dolls from Hell"
  • 1 year later...

2004?!  Time flies!  Around 2006/2007, I made a playlist of The 7th Guest music I compiled from here, and the original CDs (T7G and 11th Hour), and the original MIDI files.  This track opens the playlist and always gets me in the spirit! This and Microscopism are perfection!  I feel like not enough people know how amazing the T7G score was!  But you know.  If you want to hear my expanded playlist, I put it up on YT a year ago:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxuE7rBwAB0 .