Skies of Arcadia - Battle 1

I started a remix of this battle theme from the game Skies of Arcadia. I plan on making it a classical/trance hybrid, but I'd love to hear any suggestions on how to improve. Thank you much!

Remix: http://www.electricconcerto.com/music/skies_battle.mp3

Current Version: 0.2

- UPDATE 1 -

So I played around some more with the melody, both in sound and
in structure, and added some more pieces to the remix. I'm getting
a little closer to the sound I'm looking for, but I know I'm not
there yet. There is a lot of instrument, note, and production
tweeking to be made, but hopefully I'm on the right track.

- Initial Upload -
So, this is the first copy of the remix, though really, it's just
an intro with the melody in there as a way for the listeners to get
an idea on how the melody ties in there. I know when I listen to an
uncompleted melody, it drives me nuts if some form of the source
isn't in there. I do plan on correcting the melody and leaving it
there where it's introduced in this version, unless you guys find
it unacceptable.

The intro is very good. My biggest problem is when you actually bring in the main melody. The melody isn't very complex, and so far, you haven't done anything with it. If you continue along those same lines, the mix could get very boring very fast. I think part of the problem is that once the melody gets into full swing the lead synth has no variation. I won't comment further on that because I don't know much about production and soundfonts and whatnot.

Overall, I really like the build of the intro, and I hope you are able to make the rest of the to it. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

The intro is very good. My biggest problem is when you actually bring in the main melody. The melody isn't very complex, and so far, you haven't done anything with it. If you continue along those same lines, the mix could get very boring very fast. I think part of the problem is that once the melody gets into full swing the lead synth has no variation. I won't comment further on that because I don't know much about production and soundfonts and whatnot.

Overall, I really like the build of the intro, and I hope you are able to make the rest of the to it. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I see what you mean about the main melody. Actually, it was more of a throw in for people to get an idea how the song's suppose to be heading. But, as always, I value you opinion and I'll definitely see what I can do to fix that.

You shouldn't need a throw-in to guide the listener. A good song will simply carry the listener through. I know I'm being really unspecific, but I'm sure you know what I'm trying to convey.

But I still like this. I may be biased because of my extreme love for Skies, but there were parts I really digged. The slow blending you did with the lead at 1:00 was pretty epic. Overall, it feels a bit generic and stilted to me though. It honestly reminds me of the problems I'm having with my own mixes now. I struggle with stiffness especially.

Keep at it. A more 'pro' user might come along here and be able to give you more thorough advice. Their appearance depends on the moon phase and time of day which makes it a bit unpredictable.

LINK UPDATED.

So I played around some more with the melody, both in sound and in structure, and added some more pieces to the remix. I'm getting a little closer to the sound I'm looking for, but I know I'm not there yet. There is a lot of instrument, note, and production tweeking to be made, but hopefully I'm on the right track.