OCR02157 - *YES* Mass Effect 'Uncharted Depths'

DragonAvenger

Remixer: Hy Bound

Game: Mass Effect

Song: Uncharted Worlds

Composers: Jack Wall, Sam Hulick

Song Name: Uncharted Depths

Hey guys!

So I was super excited for Mass Effect 2 to come out last November and decided to try and write a “dark second chapter” version of the Galaxy Map music. It turned out decently, but was forgotten amid the other projects I was working on. Then, about a week ago I decided to go back through and listen to a bunch of old projects and this one stood out as promising, so I rewrote it based on my thoughts from playing the actual game - So the idea is that the music is set to a scene of debris floating out in space. Then, the camera pans over to show the breached Normandy drifting through space above a planet, pans over some more to reveal the Collector ship as it surveys the wreckage and takes off… symbolizing the 3 escalating “acts” of the song.

Anyway, I had a ton of fun with the sound design and writing the vintage-y synth patches. Hope you all enjoy it!

Tyler

-------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpu5cTk_qvI

Pretty solid expansion of the theme, with a lot of really nice textures and sounds, and a good flow. The production is solid and expansive, with clear tones, and some nice melodic ideas added.

Progression is slow but steady, and though there are a lot of similarities between this and the source, there is sufficient arrangement and expansion for me to be cool passing this.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much in line with OA, nice work. The build was slow, just like the source, but the backing 8-note pattern that's the foundation of the source was in play the whole time, and the further expansion and melodic references were solid. Good stuff, Ty! We definitely don't get enough subs from you. Great work, and it's wonderful to hear another side of your music!

YES

What an evocative arrangement - when I listened to this, I couldn't help but close my eyes and lose myself in it. Case you were wondering, I pictured that scene from Avatar with the glowing seeds in the trees. I only read your description after the fact, but your scene fits too! The Mass Effect soundtrack really lends itself to this kind of "put more stuff on top of the original track" approach. Give us more music, Tyler!

YES