OCR01272 - *YES* Donkey Kong Country 'Thrash the Plank'

djpretzel

definately one of the cleanest metal remixes we've heard at OCR. everything comes thru loud and clear. well recorded, well played. The arrangement is relatively straightforward but it has plenty of curveballs and variation.

gripes include the rhythmic change made to the melody in the fifth bar. i just dont think it works. also i wish the guitar tone during the solo were a bit thicker. not quite so much reverb, perhaps.

YES

http://www.snesmusic.org/spcsets/dkc.rsn - "Gang-Plank Galleon" (dkc-21.spc)

Really good stuff from Andy, solid guitar work, nice production, solid arrangement. I've enjoyed this one for a while for all of those qualities. Nothing to hate on here, and not really much else to say there. Also, Andy thinks I'm a dumbass. There's NO better reason I can think of to say YES.

This one has been on my playlist since I first got the wip for it. Very clean, articulate guitar playing combined with a good mastering job for the whole mix. Awesome. I don't know whether the drums are sequenced or not, but whichever they are, they sound great. I'm impressed that that the mix really works without being cluttered with lots of instruments and layers. Arrangement-wise, I'm in agreement with the other judges. This is an excellent example of how to use variations and original material in a remix while still keeping the original in mind.

YES