Space Rock Opera Remix 01001001

Brandon Strader

You won't be disappointed. My electronic kit is a yamaha dtxplorer which is a mid range electronic kit, velocity sensitive and humanized. And they record crystal clear and pre mastered. Not much need for a multitrack.

Add to that that I'm a professional drummer with a rock solid meter, so there's no need for quantization either. You're a skeptic, I'm sure. But if you try you won't regret it. That's all I can say.

I've worked with a professional drummer who used a multi-thousand dollar Roland e-kit and it was a single track of drums... that's why I really feel that I need to push for the multi-track drums or at the very least if you could record midi notes and I could import those into Superior 2. :-D

@wildfire Communications Officer may be really cool! Let me know if you change your mind but I think that'd open doors for some interesting dialogues.

wtf it is snowing

You're sure enough to not try?

With the same conviction, I say no programmed drums can outdo my human touch. If you like, we can put that to the test, since you're so sure ;)

EDIT:

I listened to your tracks and they sound good. But I see now why you prefer sequenced drums. You're sound is completely electronic.

I should have done my research before I requested a part; I'm not that into electronic music.

There is very little work involved in getting a great sound out of prerendered samples and synths, so I guess I can understand why you don't want to work with

something a little more challenging. I love the challenge, and I guarantee what comes out of my studio on one track can match the quality of Superior 2 samples with ease.

At any rate, thanks anyway.

Edited by clockworkengine

Hey, duder. I've got trombone, bass trombone, and tuba if you need it.

I can't honestly say I need anything, but this song is about being huge and epic and over the top, so of course I'll accept your gracious offer of tuba and trombone and find a way to write them into the song. Thanks, man! :-)

edit: Ok folks, starting on this as the primary project right now.. It's #1 on my to-do list.

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A quick update about this "project"

I never forgot about it. I just got stuck doing other things I was obligated to do and still am obligated to finish before I can start on this. It may still yet be a month or two until I can REALLY sink my teeth into this bad boy. But there are a few good results that came of this:

• File size increase on OCR
  • Software upgrades to 64bit
  • A lot more samples and better libraries
  • Had time to practice, suck ever so slightly less

The file size increase will be beneficial because it will give me the freedom to just write the song and not worry about length. I won't have to worry about limiting it to 5 minutes in order to fit 8MiB with decent quality.

On the flip side, this break has given me time to evaluate my own strengths as a producer and consider what is or isn't acceptable for this collaboration. I may go ahead and maintain all existing instrumental claims. It's too early to say whether I'd be able to make something work in the mix, and assuming it won't work out is too grim and pessimistic of a view to have before even starting.

Without further adieu, I would like to invite the people listed on the first post roster to sound off if you're still interested in being a part of this. I haven't checked it over in a while honestly and there may be a couple spots where I could make additions or subtractions.

Lastly, this is going to be very freaking epic, like insane, yo. I've been coming up with ideas for sections in my head all this time. I think it will be an arrangement that satisfies all of my wishes as an artist and hopefully those of many of you and the listeners as well.

Thanks, sorry for the wait, thanks for being patient. :-)

EDIT: Holy crap I just noticed the last post was from 2010. WOW!

Edited by Brandon Strader

• 1 year later...

I'm hoping 2014 is the year for this. Sorry to drag everyone along for 4 years. I have to finish all the projects I'm signed on for, then move on to stuff like this. It just wouldn't have been fair to do this while I owe other things, especially considering the size and scope of this mix.

It's going to be really good though, so if anyone else wants to pledge their skills for this mix (anything at all) I will add it to the list.