IRC at work/on a cell phone

prophetik music

so, i've been attempting to access #ocremix on irc.enterthegame.com, and i'm not really able to connect. at all. even on my phone. i tried yaaic and AndroIRC, and neither seem to be working well.

iv'e tried with and without SSL, various ports (6667, 6668, 6696, etc), and several other options.

am i missing something? is enterthegame having server issues?

Hrm...I'm able to connect with Colloquy on my Macbook.

i can't really download anything to my work computer. OCR's jIRC java client doesn't work, and i can't get anything to work on my phone. halp?

edit: i tried mibbit as well, and was getting an error that basically said permaban: excess clones. i'm assuming that means that mibbit isn't allowed?

but why would it block mibbit and ocr's jIRC client?

edit: i should point out that i can access other IRC channels. too bad i don't care about them =(

EDIT: nvm

Anyway if you're getting an Excess Clones ban it means that the IP you have had a lot of cloned connections in the past and was banned from their network. I assume that because you're at work, you can't just cycle your IP address, in which case you're probably out of luck.

You could always set up a BNC, which is like connecting to IRC via proxy, but I don't have any experience in that so I couldn't help you.

i'm not being clear. i can access irc either on a cell phone, or on my work computer.

jirc and mibbit don't work on my work computer. yaaic and androIRC don't work on my phone.

edit: my friend just tried to access OCR's channel through mibbit and ocr's jirc link on the chat page from home, and neither works as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Remote desktop to your home computer and use an IRC client from there? Seems a bit over the top but it should work.

Edit: sorry if this is considered thread necromancy. Bad case of post first, check post dates later syndrome.

nah, it's fine.

i thought about using logmein or something similar, but i don't want to have to leave my (gaming and power-hungry) computer on all day if i can avoid it.

might have to resort to that.

nah, it's fine.

i thought about using logmein or something similar, but i don't want to have to leave my (gaming and power-hungry) computer on all day if i can avoid it.

might have to resort to that.

Thought you had a laptop, if IRC is your goal, not like you need a powerhouse to set up a tunnel.

Thought you had a laptop, if IRC is your goal, not like you need a powerhouse to set up a tunnel.

my wife's got the laptop during the day, otherwise that'd be awesome.

although, it'd be nice to play minecraft on the server during the day. great way to waste time. her laptop can't play it well, though, i'd have to use my system regardless. maybe i should do this either way =) once my 360 gets back, i'll need to do some mega-huge FTP transfers back onto it anyways, so i'll have to leave it on a bit.