The times when you rage

bloodeyezack

In order from least to greatest amount of rage:

1) The Screws in Metropolis Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)

2) Fighting Shocker (Spiderman: The Movie: The Game; actually, any game where you face Shocker is rage-inducing)

and lastly and certainly not least

3) When it is mathematically proven and "humanly" obvious that the final block is the solution and there's no way it should explode... and yet it does explode and you die and lose and the cool guy with sun glasses gets "Xs" over his eyes because even he can't believe it. (Minesweeper).

3) When it is mathematically proven and "humanly" obvious that the final block is the solution and there's no way it should explode... and yet it does explode and you die and lose and the cool guy with sun glasses gets "Xs" over his eyes because even he can't believe it. (Minesweeper).

Never encountered that, but I have run into situations where the available information is ambiguous and you have to guess.

The very early parts of Puzzle Quest used to piss me off to no end. You can't find a decent match, do one match-three, and then watch as the computer gets three Heroic Efforts in a row, casts a bunch of turn skipping spells, and does a bunch of match-fours on red skulls.

Oh yeah, FFFFFFFFFFFFF- Puzzle Quest 2 used to frustrate me somewhat, when the computer would do some random move, and all the new gems that fall down end up giving him all kinds of spastaic combos.

But the game got less frustrating when I just used beastly Assassin combos to rip through the enemies. :)

Any online game where you have to shoot a person more than once in the head to kill them...no.

On that note, I dusted off the N64 and fired up some Goldeneye recently, and this game is TERRIBLE about this. The N64 controller is bad enough, shooting the enemies in the head only to have your bullet deflected by a cloth hat is pretty frustrating lol

Parasite Eve's - Chrysler Building in EX-Mode. I just didn't understand why I could not complete it and I only knew one other person that had the game but couldn't do it either. Had no money to buy a copy and had to return the copy I had to an associate because of a deal we made. Never did finish it way back.

Use a pistol that fires one or 2 shots a turn with 2 turns on it. Make sure it's upgraded with stats from other guns and maybe even use some upgrade points to make the gun better. Been a while since I played but that's what I did my 2nd go at the Chrysler building. I say 2nd attempt caused the first time I ever attempted it I used a grenade launcher that fired 7 shots a turn with 2 turns. Didn't know at the time that damage was distributed depending on the number of shots so shooting a gun with 2 shots a turn does almost the same damage as shooting the same gun but with 7 or so shots a turn. Shooting 14 shots from a grenade launcher at the roach boss with the slow rate of fire equals death pretty much.

The original Ninja Gaiden and those damn birds. Also, Castlevania and those floaty heads.

Mario Kart and the rubber band AI, blue shells, unfair items - especially on wii.

Bosses, in general, that toss out lots of henchman when they fight you, especially when the boss is already extremely large and/or dangerous. Batman: Arkham Asylum did this a lot.

But nothing pisses me off more than Mario Kart Wii. Great online, great control, and terrible terrible balancing.

when the shoulder buttons go out on your seventh nintendo handheld

seriously why the fuck haven't they fixed these damned things yet

it's a good thing I'm still 3 months under warranty but that just means that when they go out again later I'll be SOL

oh man... that sucks a lot.

I only had that problem with Turbo controllers. The turbo pad/button would get stuck so every game I played with that controller would be annoying because of continuous jumping, punching, and "hi-yah" ing.

those rage moments made me quit playing with Turbo controllers.

I haven't thrown a controller since the good ol' NES days, but for fuck sake some of those games were ridiculus. Silver Surfer, Battletoads, Amagon, Karnov - each of those games could pretty much guaruntee that the kid would need new controllers.

Also, it's not nearly as fun to throw any other controller than an NES one - every system after that decided to give their controllers rounded edges, not sharp corners...

In Megaman X8 in Sigma Stage where there's a bunch of floors of spikes everywhere.

Must've died around 70 times. That level is the reason I say the word "frikkin" all the time.

Ditto.

I remember the good old days of Megaman X.

Step 1. See boss appear with an enthusiasm and glee only possible by getting through the level.

Step 2. Get thrashed by the boss because you are low on health from the level.

Step 3. Fight Boss again at full health.

Step 4. Use all Sub-Tanks and weapon energy for Boss Fight.

Step 5. Die even though you used all your Sub-Tanks and do step 3 again with no Sub-Tanks.

Step 6. Die numerous times.

Step 7. Run out of lives, and repeat steps until you have defeated him.

The fact that I ABSOLUTELY SUCK at Starcraft 2. I don't even want to play the shit anymore.

me too. i actually do okay, but i'm a bronze league player. what really started pissing me off is when the game started randomly crashing when I was playing against people.

haven't played it in a while.