OCR02118 - Super Meat Boy "Power of the Meat"

djpretzel

I will probably never play this game but this mix is awesome. The lyrics are so catchy and the vocals sound really nice. I feel like some sort of journey is taking place. I definitely behold the SUPER power of Meat.

lol

What else can I say

This is the song that got me downloading mp3s again instead of just doing youtube preview. This song is also cured my burrito boredom.

After listening to the DKC2 track you're featured on I almost expected one of the harmonies to be punctuated by death metal vocals.

I waited for an hour with a crappy internet connection for this to load, and oh was it worth it. I loved Shine Tonight so much, and this one is just as fantastic.

Thanks for this incredible mix. It brightens my day. I shall keep it on repeat for quite some time.

It's like sausage wrapped in bacon, but for your ears. And without the down sides of fat and cholesterol.

This is the best vocal mix I've heard...possibly in the history of OCR. The chorus is extremely catchy, the lyrics are inventive, and the instrumentation itself is spot-on. I've had this song in my head literally all day, and wound up buying the game today simply because of this song (dead serious).

If I may be so bold, could I request an instrumental version of this song? Or at least a version without the main vocals (so backup singing, processed voices, etc included)? Even though I know it won't be quite as amazing without the vocals, I really want to have this as an option for instrumental if I decide to put this into my Brawl music hacks. Strong vocals reduce the usability of a song on stages, so I like having instrumentals as well.

Again, great song, and I am looking forward to more!

Uh....

Uhm....

What... what am I listening to? I can't tell, I'm so confused! Why is this so catchy!? Why do I want to hear more!? What is the meaning of life, the universe, and everything!?!?!

This is so cool, I can't get over how bombastic it sounds, and the contrast of the female vocal, the "Saaave me" is really well executed. And male vocals that I don't immediately hate! And actually like? And are quite catchy?

The world... is meaningless. I must buy this game on XBLA now.

• 2 weeks later...

Super Meat boy is a game that is going to be getting a fuckton of remixing love. That's not opinion: it is fact. The awesomeness of the ost mixed with the game themes themselves...it's just too tempting to pass up, ain't it?

And here comes Poolside, with a pop synth duet featuring some heavily processed vocals. Can't say I'm a fan of most of the stuff done to the male voice, since I'm finding it hard to understand a lot of what is being said, but for the most part, this is really good. Kept my attention the whole way through, to say the VERY least. The interplay between the orchestral instruments and the hard synths was interesting and worked surprisingly well. The female chorus hook is unbelievably catchy. The male vocals later on were good. I guess I can also point out that some of the panning in this mix felt weird (either that, or I'm going deaf in my right ear while listening to this song). But, as always when I review things I a) try to find something good in a bad mix and B) try to find something bad in a good mix. So, there we are, and this definitely falls under category b!

Am I the only one seeing Whelchel's suspicious association with meat and food? Wait a minute...THE CURE FOR BURRITO BOREDOM WAS SUPER MEAT BOY, WASN'T IT?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's shit like this, Josh. God, why are you so creative and awesome? It's making everyone else look bad :-P Every remix from you feels like it's got 500% more effort put into it than most other remixers put into their own songs. Melinda's chorus vocals are SERIOUSLY infectious, I just caught myself tapping my toe and bobbing my head as I wrote this.

All-around stupendous effort from everyone involved, here's to a lot more Poolside and Josh Whelchel on OCR!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy....

The more I listen to it, the more I want to listen to it.

By far my favorite line out of the song is:

"Well, when your blood paints these walls, I'll call it work of art!"

It's just such a cool line, and the way it's delivered just fantastic. The way the vocals are layered and fade in and out throughout feels so appropriate.

This is such an amazing song.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02118 - Super Meat Boy "Power of the Meat"