Lufia II: Of Gods and Men

Bahamut

Simply contacting me and explaining your situation(s) would've prevented me from placing anyone in this situation in most cases, you know - hence why there are still people who are red or green that still have special claims. I know people might still want to do a track very much, or still feel the passion for a particular track, but unless the person makes contact with me via PM or AIM and organizes something with me then I have no choice but to assume that the person isn't interested in the project anymore. I hope you understand that there's no way I can make assumptions about people on this project.

I can hold the two tracks in question until the next deadline (in September), but in all honesty this is a project that's two years in the making. I understand the pressures of participating in many projects (and in Mono's case, taking more than one track for this project), but it's been a very long time since most of these claims have been made. It's not fair to those that have worked hard to make deadlines to arbitrarily hold tracks, anymore.

And in all honesty, I'm not cutting a single person from this project. I'm telling people that haven't sent in anything six months to two years after they've claimed their track that if someone takes more initiative to those tracks than they do then I will relinquish their stake on the tracks (and these initiatives must be close to the OCR bar). At the rate this project has been going I don't see that happening any time soon, so I wouldn't worry about losing your places.

It's tough, but that's the way it is. I'd really like to start getting some results for Bahamut with this project for when he gets back, and the deadlines help push people to work hard on their music. There are a few people that have really rose to the challenge, and I appreciate it greatly.

EDIT: By the way Darangen, are you still working with Ergosonic?

I was never working with Ergosonic, Bahamut had set it as 2 separate tracks.

To clarify, I meant no hostility from my previous post. I respect your choices as a director on this project and I have no intention on trying to change how you do things.

But to perhaps better put it, when you get something from me it'll be a finished product, not a wip.

I also apologize for being snippy. You need to see if you can get Battle #1 from OA, try to contact him... if not I'm still up for it but I kinda work similar to Darangen and Monobrow. :-P I have too many project obligations right now to justify moving this song to the head of the list. Having said that, Battle #1 DOES need to be covered for this album... Can't take it off the list... :-(

• 2 weeks later...

Just popping this up for the newer members - I haven't forgotten about the due dates. The next one is when Bahamut is coming back from his boot camp experience (I think), so it's there more or less to give him a nice 'Welcome Back' surprise. Oh yes, I'm not above laying on the guilt to get people workin'.

:P

Yup. August 12th, it's a week away. Let's see some magic.

Closing this due date out with a proverbial whimper, but most everyone it referred to has either sent in something to show their continued interest or have already progressed significantly enough where I don't feel I need to kick them in the rear anymore.

Looks like Bahamut is rolling back in now, so I suppose it's about time to get in touch with him.

Hey everyone, I didn't forget this album project! I'm still a little off from my warped sleep & eating habits after coming back from boot camp, but it looks like some progress is happening, albeit a little slowly. Several people are quite busy currently, but should free up in the upcoming months to complete their tracks & shift progress further in the right direction. I hope to see some more progress when I get back from School of Infantry 2 months later!

Lufia 2's music seems to be bringing out a certain character from the rearrangements on the project that is distinct compared to a lot of music out on the site, so I'm looking quite forward to seeing more of the end product within the next half a year. It's promising yet another great album with a unique flair to it!

Edit: And speak of the devil, I get another wav in today courtesy of redshojin!

Edited by Bahamut

So a source is open!

is a pretty great source IMO and it is honestly the song that really has me enamored with the soundtrack, moreso than the awesome battle themes. Of course, this only means that anyone who chooses to take the source has to be able to produce something amazing out of it, I expect no less!

And here's a random midirip + drums I found on YouTube of the source:

Send us some work on it and we'll put ya on the list. No need to be shy. :roll:

On a similar note, here, there's more than The Earth that's open and available for people. A couple of these tracks really need some loving, here.

The Strongest Man -

Seriously, I don't think the album can be released without a remix of this. Someone please take a look at it.

Port City -

Another iconic track from the game. Again, it's hard to imagine an album without it.

The Universe in a Jar -

The Four Gods -

Probably less iconic, but these have some serious remixability, here. They just have a very majestic sound to them. They're begging for some people to jump in and produce some more kickass tracks.

In short, Earth is open (which is undoubtedly an important track), but if that's not to your liking then there are plenty of other great tunes that are in need of some love, here.

I just gave Flexstyle, DaMonz and Evory access to the forums, but I'd love to have more and more people getting involved in there and helping each other out, so if you currently don't have access to the forums please let me know and I'll contact Darkesword to get you access. Glad to see your entry in there, DaMonz, and I'll be looking forward to hearing other people join in on it, since it not only helps push you forward, but it helps push everyone in the right direction.

tl;dr, if you can't access the forums please let me know so I can rectify the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like there's a lot of love coming from the other projects here (even BC is getting it's wheels moving again - awesome). Hopefully some of that love will spill over to this project - the deadline for everyone is coming up, and I'm hoping to see a lot of our old faces (as well as our new ones) dust off their tracks and give them some love.

See you all on September 15th!

:mrgreen:

Haha, oops, I didn't really take a good look at the due date - placed it right in the middle of the week, there, didn't I?

While I'll still hold to that date, I'm giving a two day grace period for those that need the weekend to give the music a little more love.

Anyway, y'all have a week to report in. Hope to hear some more magic from you guys!