Email address: xerion2@hotmail.com OR jdukes123@gmail.com

OCR User ID: 36626

Submission info:

Game arranged: Astaroth

Song name: N/A

Original Composed: Jochen Hippel

System: Amiga (HIPPEL-COSO format)

Release year: 1989

Original file: (This can be difficult to get to play, especially correctly. Contact me for more info on this.)

http://aminet.net/mods/misc/HIPC.Astaroth.lha

Comments:

This song comes from way back in 1989, from composer of Atari-ST fame Jochen Hippel. It was quite possibly one of the most borrowed tunes on the Amiga, it was borrowed for several other games/demos, including Headquarters (an add-on for Mechforce). I decided to name it "Star League" because its futuristic sound reminds me of the Battletech universe.

The remix was written using SkaleTracker, a music module tracker editor in the same vein as FastTracker 2.

source:

dizamn, that is a long source track, it took me about 5 listens all the way through to wrap my head around it. :o

Listening to this, It basically sounds like a sound upgrade to the original, and a marginal one at that. There seems to be a little bit of personalization added, but the sounds used are too basic and generic. It's cool that this was done in a tracker, but a little more polish is required for OCR. Sorry. :-(

No

Not much to add onto what OA said. It's cool that you managed to convert this entire source, but it pretty much sounds like a cover with some touches added here and there. I'd suggest listening to the most recent posted remixes on the front page and comparing them to the source tunes to get an idea of what we are looking for in terms of arrangement and production for the site.

NO

This is a sound upgrade, there's almost no interpretation to this. No hate to people who like doing that kind of thing, but it's not what OCR is about.

The production could have been better here too. The bass blended into the low synth and the song maintained the same spartan feel of the original. If you want to keep that desolate, I'd recommend using more complex or more realistic sounds.

NO