King K. Rool's Kountry

Shade Levora

An Orchestrated Arrangement of the Donkey Kong Country 2 World. Nearly 9 minutes of nostalgic and new experience. The Donkey Kong Country series has some of the most amazing music, and it's a great feeling to be able to help highlight some of it's magic.

Tracks within the Medley.

1. Title Screen

2. Map Theme

3. Lockjaw's Saga

4. Krook's March

5. Forest Interlude

6. Stickerbush Symphony.

Original Composer: Dave Wise.

Enjoy. ;}

Well, it's a MIDI rip, so I enjoyed it because I like the music, but if you want to improve your orchestral sounds you should really humanize the instruments more. Some of those MIDI delay effects are painfully obvious in Forest Interlude and Stickerbrush Symphony and they just don't sound right.

Orchestrating the DKC2 soundtrack would be seriously awesome, but this needs a lot more work.

As far as production quality, DarkSim is right. The sound you get from these instruments just isn't good quality. As far as your arrangement, I like it a lot. I have one major issue, though, and that is your use of Stickerbush Symphony. I know it's one of the best songs in the game and everyone loves it, but to me, it felt like the mood of the song changed entirely when you got to that part. Also, after the welcomed lull of Forest Interlude, I kind of hoped you would return to Title Screen for an epic grand finale. But that's just me. Overall, this is a good arrangement that desperately needs a boost in production quality.