Halo - Martin O'Donnell - Never Forget (Ironblue Remix) (Drumnbass)

Ironblue

http://soundcloud.com/ironblue/martin-odonnell-never-forget-ironblue-remix

in celebration of my storm eagle track getting rejected, here is another track that would get rejected from ocr! :D

there are a lot of issues with the mastering and what not but that deals with the foundation of the arrangement that i ruined ;3 so maybe at least 1 person will enjoy!!

source is way better!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU

Never played Martin O'Donnell, is it any good? :P

Not a good piano sound or a dynamic piano sequencing. The DnB stuff is pretty cool tho, I like your drum mixing and added synth thingies, tho it feels like it tries a little too hard to add a level of urgency and speed to a slow source rather than adapting the source to the style.

The swing section feels really ill fitting, and suffers the same piano problems as the intro. In the more intense parts, the piano doesn't punch through enough to be much of an issue, but when exposed like this... Not good.

Do a proper DnB remix of a track more suited for the style, or lern 2 adapt musix 2 dnb. :P

Verdict: Not bad, but incohesive.

yeah i made little effort to make the piano sound organic, i didnt take the track seriously enough to really put that much effort into it. as for the track choosing i had been wanting to mess around with that song for awhile so i forced it to the 172 tempo.

this was mostly just a quick warm up for writing originals, but thank you for the critiques :)

i remember you posting a MMX mix a while back, this is much better. Your skill has improved (or maybe you took a different approach, i don't know). At any rate, I think it sounds great. A little shallow on the melody. DnB too forward. Um...would you understand if I said "make it busier" there's a lot of sound but it's mixing together i can't hear individual pieces well.

Never played Martin O'Donnell, is it any good? :P

What ever you do, do NOT play Marty O'Donnell, he's a snarky bastard.

Yeah, the thing is this... Warm-ups are real exercises. Don't shirk the responsibility of doing a good job when you're warming up because it's truly a reflection of how well your regular routine is.

The elements are quite disparate, that's something to work on. If your sketches are coming out like this, then that's a muscle group you need to start incorporating into your routine.

There really aren't good excuses.

Keep at it though, just take it a little more thoughtfully.

I like that you're tackling up-to-date stuff and this track is a real chellenge, there's no shame in actually trying.

thanks again for the critiques fellas :)

yall are right in that its a bad habit to not correct mistakes like having the low end of the piano be in the same frequency range as the mid range basslines, or making the basslines too busy in areas where they shouldnt be, not panning out percussion enough etc. i just wanted to get this one out of the way so i could start something new (and original) that didnt have those mistakes :mrgreen: but for some strange reason more people have downloaded this song off the soundcloud page in the first week more than any one of my tracks. and i almost didnt post it!

your suggestions are duly noted and ill take heed as i compose newer music!!