Acoustic Guitar

big giant circles

Asked this on Facebook. I'm curious to know how many of you play and/or write songs for or featuring acoustic guitar?

I don't care if you think you're good or terrible, I'm just wanting to get a general sense of how many people have an interest in or utilize the acoustic guitar in some way, whether it's just in your room for fun or on tour with [insert famous artist here].

i've got a terrible acoustic bass, too. they're tons of fun! =)

Agreed. I didn't play enough acoustic bass back in my bass days.

Back when I played guitar, it was mostly crazy speed metal. That said, after paying homage to the devil with 180 bpm minor scale runs on my electric, I'd brainlessly strum out "Closing Time" on my acoustic much to my friends' delight. Sad that they're impressed by some vanilla rock progression and not soulrending metal. Regardless, I loved my acoustic and thought it was a lot of fun to be as "pretty" as I could with it after thrashing around with my electric. I just sold it though to fund my new MIDI controller. No regrets yet.

I got my acoustic guitar not too long ago, broke the high e string after a week or so :roll: but I had to get a capo anyway so I just bought new strings and the capo while I was at the music store.

Right now I'm trying to learn descendant of shinobi (cause I love Final Fantasy). Learning to play songs that I love is mostly why I got the guitar, and maybe use for my own songs later on :-)

Accoustic guitars are great. Be it a 40 bucks nylon you torture or let others abuse at some campfire or something more professional... they all have their certain place in my heart.

I especially like the sounds of Baton Rogue guitars - I think they give alot of bang for the buck (once you reached the 300 bucks segment, that is. below that they are just as budget as any budget guitar).

If I could throw money out of the window though I would really like to have some 12-string Ovation. Opinions are split, but I like Ovation.

I'm really more of an electric player, but I sometimes get the hankering for some finger-picking acoustic goodness. I'd probably play more of that stuff if I had a better acoustic guitar, but I don't have the cash right now to replace my janky Fender that I've been using for the last decade or so. Of course, if I did have the cash there's a halfway decent chance I'd just buy another electric guitar 8)