Celebrate the McRib

Liontamer

I won't be going back to Five Guys unless I win the lottery. :)

Or get a real job :<

But hey at least you'd return once again. :lol:

Seriously though I don't recall drinks being anything more than a $1.30(?) where as Subway would charge something like $1.10(?) around here.

Interestingly McDonald's, again around here, would either charge a $1.25 - $1.50 depending on what I order...

Or get a real job :<

I like my job. :) I hope its just a locational thing but it doesn't change that they wanted over $7.00 from me when all I wanted was their smallest burger and coke. Paying upwards of $7-8 for food on a regular lunch break is pretty silly these days anyway. I try not to pay over $5 for just enough food to last me until I can get home.

Paying $7-8 for food on a regular lunch break is pretty silly these days anyway.

I find that to be the norm as if you wanted something simple like "Chicken Fried Rice" it's about $6.50 for a small portion. Vocelli's Pizza's "lunch special" costs around $8.50. "Noodle Factory", "Starbucks", "Baja Fresh", "Ledo's Pizza", A Dim Sum I can't spell the name correctly, and "Congressional Deli" range between $5 - $7.

Funny thing is Subway, McDonald's, "Crispy n' Juicy", are probably the cheapest of possible "eating out" in my area choices and only one is actually healthy/worthwhile...

Oh hey if you ever go to Bethesda, Maryland, stay the fuck away from the "Mongolian Bar & Grill" unless you're comfortable spending your life savings in an instant. :lol:

Go to the small chinese restaurant around the corner called "Moon Gate". Classy and affordable restaurant I've been to; they even do lunch/carry-out as well.

I like my job. :) I hope its just a locational thing but it doesn't change that they wanted over $7.00 from me when all I wanted was their smallest burger and coke. Paying upwards of $7-8 for food on a regular lunch break is pretty silly these days anyway. I try not to pay over $5 for just enough food to last me until I can get home.

their smallest burger isn't 7$. their normal burger, which they explicitly state is a double burger, is 6$ or so, and cheese makes it around $6.75. they sell junior burgers - which are single-patty burgers, nothing else is different - for 4$.

• 1 month later...
DIdn't mean to resurrect a dead topic' date=' but I found out today if you buy a cheap little thing of Jack Daniels Brown Sugar Barbecue sauce and some boneless pork loins, you can make McRib sandwiches at home that taste almost exactly the same for much less the cost. :)[/quote']

Not to resurrect a dead topick but Ma stopped to get McRibs yesterday and they weren't making them anymore. As a result I love your idea.