OCR Music Video Challenge 3! Deadline is January 23.

Diodes

So I still haven't started yet. I'm hoping my amount of effort this time around will be somewhere between my first and second vid. I've got a few ideas in the back of my head which are all nearly equally feasible. Which one of these vague concepts sounds the most attractive to you guys?

1) -Heartfelt slow song with slow-mo/high-speed contrast & little-to-no message. - Skrypnyk

2) -Creepy-crawly attempt at a horror effects showcase. - Earthworm Jim

3) -Something sad with a robot. - Wizards & Warriors

4) -A non-fictional characters piece of multiple people's daily routines. - Chrono Trigger

5) -A flash or photo-based fast and/or complex object = sound = object experiment which will take a disgusting amount of time. - Shnabubula

With such minimal information, does anyone have any votes on these options?

So I still haven't started yet. I'm hoping my amount of effort this time around will be somewhere between my first and second vid. I've got a few ideas in the back of my head which are all nearly equally feasible. Which one of these vague concepts sounds the most attractive to you guys?

1) -Heartfelt slow song with slow-mo/high-speed contrast & little-to-no message. - Skrypnyk

2) -Creepy-crawly attempt at a horror effects showcase. - Earthworm Jim

3) -Something sad with a robot. - Wizards & Warriors

4) -A non-fictional characters piece of multiple people's daily routines. - Chrono Trigger

5) -A flash or photo-based fast and/or complex object = sound = object experiment which will take a disgusting amount of time. - Shnabubula

With such minimal information, does anyone have any votes on these options?

I personally have to say 2 or 3, because I like Earthworm Jim and I like robots ^_^

My Vegas came back, woohoo. I'm looking for a great song now! :)

Yay!!

This. If you are able to do something unconventional, why settle for less?

Anyways, I hope to be able to put something (probably another kind of music visualisation) together over the holidays. I don't celebrate christmas so I'm typically not too busy around that time.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey ppl I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays/winter break/last week of the year.

I wanted to ask how many people who are participating or planning on attending the viewing party will actually be attending MAGFest. It occurred to me that I may well be the only person involved in the OCRMVC who is still planning to go to MAG. If nobody else here is going, maybe it makes more sense to just have the IRC viewing party and change the weekend? (Since I wouldn't be around to coordinate it if it was during MAG.) So yeah, a show of hands from everyone who is planning to either submit a video or otherwise just attend, and whether you will be at MAG or not would be nice. Thanks!

P.S. How's everyone's videos going? .) Chernabogue have you finished like 15 videos yet? :wink:

Hey ppl I hope everyone is enjoying their holidays/winter break/last week of the year.

I wanted to ask how many people who are participating or planning on attending the viewing party will actually be attending MAGFest. It occurred to me that I may well be the only person involved in the OCRMVC who is still planning to go to MAG. If nobody else here is going, maybe it makes more sense to just have the IRC viewing party and change the weekend? (Since I wouldn't be around to coordinate it if it was during MAG.) So yeah, a show of hands from everyone who is planning to either submit a video or otherwise just attend, and whether you will be at MAG or not would be nice. Thanks!

Yeah, I can't go to MAGFest, but it'll be very cool if our videos are broadcast during this event and if people can appreciate the video editing work and OCR music!

P.S. How's everyone's videos going? .) Chernabogue have you finished like 15 videos yet? :wink:

Haha, no, I'm only working on the second one! :)!!

I read that quote 3 times before I realized that what you "fixed" was the text colour.

Yeah actually what I fixed was that JH was not going to MAG... I have arranged to have him kidnapped and taken to MAGFest against his will ,) OK just kidding...

Yeah, I can't go to MAGFest, but it'll be very cool if our videos are broadcast during this event and if people can appreciate the video editing work and OCR music!

So yeah, that was our original intention when we decided to have the viewing party at MAGFest. Unfortunately, I tried to get a panel room at MAG, but it was too late. We just started the planning for OCRMVC3 too late to get an official room. So we were thinking we could just have an informal gathering in like somebody's hotel room on a laptop. We would post about it in here and elsewhere on the internet, but then we're really not drawing any more additional people than whoever we'd already be reaching by our own self-promotion. And by the sounds of it, nobody here will even really be around at MAGFest for even that. So yeah that is why I'm trying to decide whether it makes sense to still do it.

So I've released my latest non-OCRMV video, and now the music video is the next project in the queue. I am excite :nicework:

Yay awesome! I'm glad you'll finally be able to make one of these .)

Uploaded my two videos. 8-)

I don't think I'll have the time to make another one, plus I'm not inspired with all my exams coming, haha.

@diotrans: I'm sure you can find how to show our vids at MAG, but if you can't, that's not a problem, we'll do another viewing party! :) (But whenever it is, I won't be able to be there. maybe except after my exams, I'll have a lot of free time...)