Captain Skyhawk OST: DOES IT EXIST ANYWHERE?

A Gang of Field Mice

I really, really want to give the remix to the Captain Skyhawk OST, which had outstanding synthwork that has stuck in my head these last 20-odd years. Only thing is, I cannot find it ANYWHERE. The best I've got is the intro and game over music on youtube, all the rest is skipped or talked/FX'd over.

So, Question #1: Does anyone know where I can find the pure and full versions of the game music? Particularly the boss music and the in-between-level space station music.

Question #2: If nobody's got it, I'll have to do it myself. So, what is a good method for getting the sound from a ROM?

I'm sure my lowbie is showing, but I clicked on it and got a face full of weird characters. Is there music in there somewhere? Do I need some special program to exploit it?

it's an NSF file, for some reason your browser wants to open it up as a text file [mine did too], just right click on the link and save it. It's basically a file that emulates nintendo music instead of streaming it, making it a nice compact format. However, you'll need special players for it. I recommend either Winamp or XMPlay, and grabbing a plugin for those players called NEZPlug [NEZPlug will work with both Winamp and XMPlay]

• 2 weeks later...