The nadir of music

Devyn

For those of you needing to be sonically cleansed, Pogo put out a new track yesterday.

Snow White. :grin:

haha, I love that dude's stuff. Been following him since the "Upular" remix.

Larry's video wins.

The guys in the OP's video are huge tools, I think that's their major selling point. It's like shock rock for the new kids. Everyone's trying to get noticed and be original these days, it's really no surprise that people make music that awful. One day we actually will hear death metal + polka + autotune + electric slide guitar + orchestra hits + chimpunk vocals and a rap breakdown all in one, and someone will be serious about it, and the same discussion will happen for their video.

The guys in the OP's video are huge tools, I think that's their major selling point. It's like shock rock for the new kids. Everyone's trying to get noticed and be original these days, it's really no surprise that people make music that awful. One day we actually will hear death metal + polka + autotune + electric slide guitar + orchestra hits + chimpunk vocals and a rap breakdown all in one, and someone will be serious about it, and the same discussion will happen for their video.

More than likely.

The thing is though, the combination of all these different genres doesn't have to sound like puke. Some of these guys just have some immense natural talent for sucking.

Hell, even modern day country gets a lot of different stuff thrown into it. Does most of it suck? Yeah, maybe. But there is a lot of it that is fun to listen to as well.

Crunkcore amuses me. I think I'm being trolled, but really I think this is where the music might as well go in some cases. I lol'd, because any other response would be taking it too seriously. Also, the reviews quoted on Brokencyde's wikipedia entry are pretty damn funny.

And hell, wasn't Kid Rock (or just insert artist X) doing a whole bunch of genre crossovers that people hated years ago? True, those lyrics aren't in quite the same category as Freaxxx or Video Games, but it can easily be reaching.

Of course, not all of it is totally ridiculous, now is

?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SNOAcD3ak (for anyone that somehow hasn't seen this one yet)

I feel like I have more respect for these kids than the Jonas Brothers, whoever the Disney girl of the day is, or Justin Beiber. This sounds like a song written by an 8-12 year old and intended for that audience, and isn't really trying to be any kind of messed up kiddie-sexy creepiness.

FF5?:puppyeyes:

This video says hi:

it's not that bad of a song... I just think it's something that should be on an educational kids' show--- minus the language (f*^king rainbowssss!!!:lmassoff:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5SNOAcD3ak (for anyone that somehow hasn't seen this one yet)
this is hilarious because it just seems to me like my (or any typical) little brother just got a record deal; but I can't take this seriously. It's kind of catchy but that was some intense discordianism.
For those of you needing to be sonically cleansed, Pogo put out a new track yesterday.

Snow White. :grin:

*takes an immensely big gasp*... you don't appreciate fresh air until you've been around stank for a while. Pogo is always refreshing.

however, I hope I'm dead by the time the chipmunk country rap nonsense gets big. I still cringe when little kids around me quote Alvin and The Chipmunks songs (from the cheesy movie. the show was alright).