OCR02121 - Mega Man 2 "For You"

djpretzel

Remixes such as theses is much like nitro and glycerin. they can blow minds or blow up in your face. i agree much about how you said "whatever you see while you listen to the lyrics, it's correct. Of course, it's rather personal at the same time.." The wobbly voice fit my vision of the lyrics. I post only for such music that can walk such a fine line much like the grace of a tight rope walker. Try to not loose another original.

You forgot to mention that it was a remix of a ReMix too. The "Chill out" mix by SEDUCTiON, right? I think that's cool. :)

Anyway, been waiting for this to be posted since I saw the WiP, and I'm still loving it. Great job!

Good memory! At one point, I did have a sample of SEDUCTiON's track in there, though I removed it in the last few WIPs.

That said, I pretty much owe the entire existence of this ReMix to SEDUCTiON. It was while I was listening to that track that all the lyrics came to me, and it all started from there. It's still my absolute fave ReMix of Wily 1.

Thank you all for the extremely kind comments! Glad that you all seem to like it! :D

Man, I registered yesterday so I could comment on music like yours. I want to say thank you for such an awesome remix!! I downloaded it yesterday and put it on a cd for the car, and when I listened to it today, I nearly cried man. The lyrics really related to me in a deep way. So ya, thanks for an awesome remix. It meant something to me.

Man, I registered yesterday so I could comment on music like yours. I want to say thank you for such an awesome remix!! I downloaded it yesterday and put it on a cd for the car, and when I listened to it today, I nearly cried man. The lyrics really related to me in a deep way. So ya, thanks for an awesome remix. It meant something to me.

Wow man, and I really don't know what to say, apart from you are very, very welcome :D

Like others have said, the lyrics of this song have really hit me deep and, had the song come out a couple of months earlier, may have just emotionally crippled me for a few days. Today, they refreshingly give me peace of mind. It may be a little weird, but, uh...thanks.

As for the song, it's an instant-favorite, with an excellent arrangement of the three main parts of the source material. Your voice works perfectly with the synths, and the auto-tune is easily forgivable with how well it all turned out. I also love the key-change in the end--kudos on working it in so well.

Now I'm going to go listen to it on repeat some more...

---

I originally had some misgivings about this song due to the fact that the rhyme scheme of the lyrics was irregular. But I just got through listening to all of the other mixes of this song for fun, and I realized about halfway through that I was singing these lyrics along with all of them. So you obviously did something right. :nicework:

I was looking through Akumajo's mixes, trying to remember which of them made his name stick out at me on the front page. It wasn't on here though - it was R U Overdrive, from Blood on the Asphalt. How did that mix never get posted? I would have liked to hear it on HDR even.

Anyway, slow Wily is always good by me. Enjoyed this one.

The lyrics are well written and for the most part well delivered--as has been said already, the vibrato was excessive at a few points, but that doesn't break the track.

...What DOES break the track is that obnoxious squeaky synth sound. That is the most disgusting noise I've ever heard. Seriously, that is horrible! And it keeps going through the entire track! Completely ruins music that is otherwise quite good.

Song(s): 'Dr. Wily Stage 1'

awwwwwh......

ReMixer(s): AkumajoBelmont

....YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Been too long since your last mix, my friend. Although I know you got plenty in the works, so I hope this just a taste of the remixing rain that you're bringing back after your five year drought.

Yes, okay, so it's Wily 1. This is a mix that is up there with Ice Cap, but it's just because the source is both awesome and versatile. And Robbie arranges the pants off of it. This song demands a music video of some gruff, angsty dude inside a steel factory: singing towards and away from the camera as the factory grinds and shoots sexy sparks of light while he walks towards the camera without a shirt. Glad whoever is reading this now has that envisioned in their brain.

The arrangement is so standout. The lyrics are perfect, and the music is killer. The vocal performance, while not perfect, is competent and fits the style very well. My only fault with them is some of the overly-glaring autotune artifacts (the vibrato, inparticular) distracts me a bit from the words during those occurrences. Other than that, this is awesome. Great production, as is par for the course from Robbie.

Don't stop making music like this, dude. It's stuff written, and sung, from the soul.

This song demands a music video of some gruff, angsty dude inside a steel factory: singing towards and away from the camera as the factory grinds and shoots sexy sparks of light while he walks towards the camera without a shirt. Glad whoever is reading this now has that envisioned in their brain.

...goddammit.

Anyway, nice remix. The autotune doesn't bother me; unlike in many other modern songs, it's not overused to the point where its usage becomes painfully obvious and annoying.

Nice lyrics, too.

Keep 'em coming.

All I'm saying is that the lyrics themselves are pretty emo.

Don't get me wrong, I love this song. The lyrics are emo though.

Yeah, I can tell you the lyrics are most definitely not emo. Nice to see you can pigeonhole something so quickly, Mirby. Tsk tsk. Were the lyrics written with a specific emotion in mind? Yes. But 'Emo' they are not.

Anyway, thanks for all the awesome comments guys. I'm really, really glad you all enjoy the song! :D

• 2 weeks later...

When I thought Dr. Wily 1, I always thought OKKUSENMAN. Now when I think of Dr. Wily 1? I think of this song. It's beautiful and when it was first released I would play it, repeat, play, repeat, play, repeat... and so on and so forth. Heck, even today I caught myself doing that again. >> So I figured I ought to post here to say as much!

I didn't expect too much from this before listening, truth be told. Overused source, blah de blah... then I listened and the sound was great, but the vocals had me sold. I love them and the lyrics, autotuned or not.

• 4 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02121 - Mega Man 2 "For You"