OCR02202 - *YES* Tetris 'The Peddler's Legacy'

OceansAndrew

Game: Tetris

Tracks arranged: Music A (Korobeiniki)

Remix Title: The Peddler's Legacy

Released this one on my site and youtube back in December 2009. It's yet another arrangement of Music A. I was going for a Russian folk/orchestral style for this one. There are a lot of instruments used and goes a lot of places. I don't know if you want to mention in the write up or not, but I made somewhat of a music video for it and posted it on youtube:

It's a little random, but it shows some of the imagery I had in my head when putting together this track.

you know the source.

I know the Tetris theme is a strange call for OCR because of it's life before it's inclusion of the game, but I thought this arrangement was too creative and well executed to pass up.

The arrangement was melodically the same, but as far as backing tracks, counter melodies, and all the little details, it was stellar. The tempo increase at the end, and the well-used samples and maybe even some live performances mixed in? Either way, it sounds awesome.

Yes

Honestly, this arrangement is awesome. There are so many elements used quite well here. The tempo changes, which are generally hard to do, are performed really well, and more than once I had a

vibe in my head.

Production is clean, and as Andrew alludes to, it's difficult to tell what is sampled and what is real at times.

Great work. YES

• 3 weeks later...