* Your real name: Justin Landry

* Your email address: musicphreak48@yahoo.com

* Your website: http://www.youtube.com/draconiator

* Your userid: 20634

Submission Information

* The remix: http://www.tindeck.com/listen/egtr

* Name of game(s) arranged: Donkey Kong Country 3

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: Rocket Run

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc. : This was made for the DKC3 project as a bonus track, it took 4-5 days to complete, but I dressed it up a tiny bit for submission. In the event that this is NO'd, leave the link in the post, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2fed_Yyujk

• 2 weeks later...

A pretty good melodic interpretation, and definitely some expansion on the source, with a new and improve chord progression, and an improved flow over the original.

Synthwise, it's not really breaking new ground, but the soundscape is full and clean, and there is a good variety of meshing sounds. Arrangement features a lot of really nice additional parts, and a logical expansion of the melody, with some especially nice percussive textures. Some of the transitions were a little rough, like right around the mid way point, and it never felt like the track really peaked and went into overdrive (though the keychange section was pretty close to that), but overall it was pretty good as far as builds and breaks are concerned. I do think the track went a little long, however, and could stand to be edited down a little bit.

The ending was creative, but seemed to go a little long.

Overall it's a really close call on this one. The arrangement aspect is there, but it goes a little long, and the production is good but not amazing. It is definitely better than a mediocre track, but I think it is just barely lacking the power and punch that it needs to really stand out.

If you want to hit me up via PM's, Justin, I can give you some individual assistance on this, it's super close.

No, please resubmit

The overall treatment of the source is pretty good here. There's some decent expansion on the original, which is nice. I'm going to have to agree with OA that while there's a lot of good stuff going on, I never really felt the song climax and get that edge that would really make it shine. I will also agree that the stop transition near the middle is pretty awkward, and really needs some work.

Similarly, there isn't anything inherently wrong with the production, but I feel like the leads aren't shining as much as they could, which might be what's drawing away the overall energy.

It's close, but it needs that push of energy to really bring this one to life. Keep working on it!

NO (please resubmit)

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely not bad. When this song reached fullness, it was sounding pretty good. The elements were locking together pretty well. And as far as a trance-ish arrangement of this song goes, not bad. It was lengthy, but never got too repetitive, thanks to some artful filtering and build ups. I think you could trim some of the ending off, but otherwise, good job.

Where this falls down for me is in the production, more specifically the individual sounds. The snare is weak, and the bell synth is not compelling enough to be a lead. The bass regions are crowded, and some of these instruments really need the low-end rolled off. There also one synth playing the off-beats which is totally dry, sounds out-of-place. With some of those issues fixed and maybe some mixing tweaks, I could see this passing.

NO (resubmit)