Kirby's adventure - Grape garden

Fernito

Guys, I feel terrible about this, but it turns out I totally overestimated my vocal range. I am physically unable to sing this in falsetto; I lack the vocal range.

All of my enthusiasm has been for naught.

I don't like smilies but his warrants a :(.

I let you down.

i'm not familiar with the original so i can't comment on your interpretation of it or any artistic deviance from the source, but i love what i'm hearing compositionally. real reminiscent of the quaint charm sakuraba imparts his golden sun/tales of symphonia town bgm with.

that said it think the production needs to be brought up to snuff. the instruments sound nasally and they don't each have their own breathing room yet. i think you can work on trimming some eq fat for each instrument, and more emphasis on dynamics would make this piece huge, articulations and volumes are pretty non-existent at this juncture. the nature of the samples you're using also demands that they simulate actual human habits and idiosyncrasies, more commonly known as humanization and that's probably the area most lacking in what you currently have. approaching the sequencing by having the mindset of the player behind each instrument as you go through the piece will take you pretty far

best of luck

i'm not familiar with the original so i can't comment on your interpretation of it or any artistic deviance from the source, but i love what i'm hearing compositionally. real reminiscent of the quaint charm sakuraba imparts his golden sun/tales of symphonia town bgm with.

that said it think the production needs to be brought up to snuff. the instruments sound nasally and they don't each have their own breathing room yet. i think you can work on trimming some eq fat for each instrument, and more emphasis on dynamics would make this piece huge, articulations and volumes are pretty non-existent at this juncture. the nature of the samples you're using also demands that they simulate actual human habits and idiosyncrasies, more commonly known as humanization and that's probably the area most lacking in what you currently have. approaching the sequencing by having the mindset of the player behind each instrument as you go through the piece will take you pretty far

best of luck

Thanks A LOT for your elaborate feedback :) I still have a lot to learn and improve, and this post of yours certainly will help me to do so. Sadly, I don't have time to work on this now, but I'll resume working on this piece at some point in the future and will try to put into practice everything you said.

Thanks again :)