Overdrive Ostrich (stuck..)

K-Dubs

Intro has no source i know, gonna lead in to source after a bit. you'll know when you hear it just a little toward the end.

doesn't have an end right now just trails off cause i've been working on it all day and am a little stumped..

maybe i've just lost my inspiration and need to come back later..

anyway, have a listen and tell me what you think..

oh yeah, and i havent done any mastering or anything yet, just raw material.

http://tindeck.com/listen/gmkn

:]

It's nice to work from pure inspiration while you have it, but on your off-time I suggest cleaning up what you have, production-wise. There's a lot of good sound coming out of this track, but it needs some work with the production to really have that come out.

Lower the volumes of some of the instruments. The balance is just crazy right now, because of a few instruments that fly out of the mix. Bring them down to more acceptable levels. EQing the highs out of a couple of the lead instruments would be a good idea, as well.

Obviously, there isn't nearly enough source in this track for OCR. Less obviously, the intro takes too long to get to the material. Either shorten the intro or incorporate the source better into your mix, if you plan on submitting sometime.

I really like the soundscape of this track, and making it a dance-trance is a neat approach. If you need ideas, try polishing up what you have right now, production-wise, and all the while listen to what you have in there already. You never know - there may be a texture or something that suddenly sticks out that you decide to run with. Good luck with it.

hey thanks for taking time to let me know what you think.

yeah, definitely. i totally agree with what you say.

and yeah it's definitely in the very early stages of creation, pumped it all out raw today.

also, i plan on making the song about 6-7 min, and the non-source intro is about 2 min, so i think by the end of the song, there will be plenty of source for listeners to relate to.

on top of that, my headphones i use suck real bad. they make the volumes seem like they're in a decent position, but then when i listen to the song in any other speakers/headphones, it sounds like trash.

so yeah, i'll definitely make some changes and hopefully refine what i have and be able to add a lot more to the song.

thanks.

Good sounds, but like Gario already said, it needs better balance.

6-7 minutes might be a bit overly ambitious, you might not be able to keep the track interesting enough for that length, and any shorter might leave you with a track without enough source. Definitely try to incordporate the source into your intro, I can think of several ways I'd do that.

You need more ideas. You could sketch out different ways you could use the source, then work towards those.

btw, your sig is terrible. most of it is white and the rest of it is still too big. :P