Night Of Fate (Metal)

gatesoflife7

This is an original i just finished making. It's basically inspired by all of the street fighter and guilty gear I've been playing lately.

I just got FL studio recently as well as Amplitube metal. This is a test song that i'm very proud of. So, enjoy and tell me what you think any criticism is welcome as well as advice for future projects ^^.

(P.S. if anyone can think of a better name let me know)

Here's the link to it: http://tindeck.com/listen/gike 8-)

Wow thanks ^^. I didn't expect a reply this quickly lolz.

This isn't my first song I've written in fact I've already written many but none worth uploading until now. It's not that they are bad, in fact i like them all.

It's just the sounds i was using weren't really up to standards if you know what i mean. :wink:

I do appreciate the positive feed back thanks again :smile:

is that sytrus' inferno preset? it reaaaaaally isn't doing you any favors. the guitar would sound a lot better by itself, imo. also, a lot of the slide notes are really discordant and it detracts from the mix a lot. those are probably the two biggest things i'd look into fixing.

aside from that, your sound isn't terrible for what i imagine your setup looks like. what are you using for your rhythm guitar?

is that sytrus' inferno preset? it reaaaaaally isn't doing you any favors. the guitar would sound a lot better by itself, imo.

Do you mean for the rhythm guitar? if so, then no it's conquerer sytrus sound over the rhythm. I did it simply to give the song a little bit of a techno feel as well as metal.

also, a lot of the slide notes are really discordant and it detracts from the mix a lot. those are probably the two biggest things i'd look into fixing.

I don't really know what you mean i wrote it exactly how a real guitar player would play it, or at least how I would play it if i could really play guitar.

aside from that, your sound isn't terrible for what i imagine your setup looks like. what are you using for your rhythm guitar?

well actually the lead guitar and rhythm guitar are the same sound. They come from a Sound font called Ultimate Guitar Kit 2, and it's run through a REALLY good amp simulator called Amplitube metal.

Hope this answers your questions and concerns (and thx for commenting btw) 8-)

sorry, i was mistaken, running low on sleep last night. the parts that sound discordant to me are some of the low notes like in the section starting at 3:12.

Ok i think i see what you are saying now. The vibrato on the low notes is kinda mixing with the rhythm guitar a bit and making it sound slightly off.

However, i don't think it's really that big of an issue cause it does what i wanted it to do. It helps the lead guitar stand out from the rhythm.

At that low of an octave it's a bit hard to distinguish so i had to find a way to separate them. adding a vibrato was the best solution i had. :neutral:

Anyway, thx again for posting :-)