U.N. Squadron - Stage 1 (SNES)

Kamasenin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PaRh9-M2E

If you've never heard of this game, U.N. Squadron (Known as Area 88 in Japan and yes there's anime) is a very fun shoot em up for the SNES. I decided to do a cover of stage 1 because its one of the most enjoyable tracks to the game and my personal favorite. If you haven't tried this game on emulator yet, I suggest you do. Thanks for listening. Enjoy!

I'm glad somebody finally did this source!

In my humble opinion, there are times where the musical lines run into each other (~0:22-0:30 for instance) and it sounds a bit unorganized. Also, it may be a personal preference, but that pizzicato chord sound just sounds out of place with the heavy guitars. The feel may be improved if you explored using some other sort of texture for those chords. One final thing, the work doesn't really expand on the source, and while I do appreciate the sound update, there isn't much "ReMixing" going on.

I hope my feedback is helpful! Once again, I'm pleased somebody else took up the task of using this source, UN squadron has some great music. Best wishes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6PaRh9-M2E

Thank you for feedback so far. In my first post, I did mention this is more of a cover than a remix for the sake of saying so. As far as the overall quality, just posting anything to youtube mud's up the quality. My original track is 24bit 44.1. I could post it elsewhere, but I don't because I'm trying to build up a library for my own youtube remix channel.

In this track, the drums were redone from scratch. The secondary guitars were also added from scratch, and were not in any way part of the original song. All of these components and the bass line were done with EastWest Ministry of Rock to get the sound I wanted.

The synth stabs were layered with a secondary pizzicato sound to give them precise attack, and the secondary synth component was adjusted for extended decay. The pizza component is from Kore 2 and the secondary synth component is from Omnisphere.

The pizzicato stabs at one part of song you mentioned were left that way for fast attack and fast decay. The other sound layered doesn't develop quick enough to be used at that one specific moment even if you get extreme with the settings.

The lead guitar was created by adjusting and layering master settings, custom reverb, and various gain stages using EastWest Ministry of Rock.

Hope that paints a clearer picture of how this was put together. I agree there isn't much of a overall 'Remix", but I did it this for the love of the original work.