Mario Kart ReMix Album Project - CANCELED, because of my weak resolve...

Anorax

why not make it multiplatform, i would join when im done some other projects!

+

If you're feeling really bold, Electrolisystem, I'd recommend a multi-game album of Super Mario Kart and either Mario Kart 64, Double Dash!!, or Mario Kart DS. Mario Kart 64 has the least complicated source material, and MKDS has the most complex score.

Yeah, but then it would be somewhere close to maybe seven discs, not including more than one disc for versions with longer game soundtracks, ie. Wii, DS, GameCube, etc.

Sigh.

Good luck. I think I will need it.

well, I was thinking

what is this thread

Right now, a project I am trying to get off the ground, based off of the Mario Kart series, and I am trying to figure out which platform to use, ie. SNES, n64, Wii, GBA, etc.

If you read down to the first post, then this would make a little bit more sense. :-|

Well if you want Super Mario Kart... http://theoneups.bandcamp.com/album/...rio-kart-album

Otherwise, there were some DECENT cuts in Super Circuit.

I haven't liked much anything else music or game-wise (with a few exceptions in Wii...).

Should I consider this a vote?

thank you!!!!

:-D

Yeah, Super Circuit had some pretty good tracks.

(So did Wii... duh)

Can I vote for you to put this on the shelf for a year or two? :3

Weeeelll...

It will probably take a while, and I know you are tied up with all of the projects you are in, so don't worry.

There will be room somewhere.

We're not even out of deciding on which platform to use...

Sigh.

Here is my advice, since the topic of the thread says in need of advice.... PUT THIS ON the shelf for a couple years and if the world's still going in 2013, you'll have 2 extra years of reputation and experience to properly pull off an album :-)

I've been here since 2002 and I can't make a flippin' album, think about it!

Alright, I decided to drop the whole mess with the voting, and just move on with the selecting of the tracks.

I have decided on Super Mario Kart for SNES and Mario Kart 64 for, well, Nintendo 64.

Track lists should be in the original post, right now I am writing up the names, and should be able to find the YouTube versions soon.

Be patient with me!

I will post again when this is finished - you don't ever receive notifications for edited posts, just new ones, it seems.

And I find that annoying, but it will have to do.

I'll take Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64 because I was going to do it anyway (as a collab with halc, actually) but we reserve the right to release it early to the panel, not have it be saved as a project track. :-)

Oh wait nevermind, you're the guy who started egging all my stuff

No prob, but actually, you started it,

egg-broken.jpg

and well, I got carried away in defense.

And here's ano- o, crap. Wait, no!

egg-broken.jpg

Sigh.

D*** egg.

I guess I'll clean it up...

crap