OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"

djpretzel

I usually dislike the vocals I hear on the radio nowadays... you know, the same old rock songs that sound completely alike and are about teenage angst or something.

Although this song has that top 40's sound to it, I can't help but be amazed by how well this was done. Hell, I haven't been this pleased about the vocals in a vg remix since LOZ 2002 - and that was just voice acting.

Damn this is good.

Whoa I think this is the best vocals mix on the site, you guys have great voices!

When I heard the beginning of this song I was thinking. "Thing song would be great with vocals" And then I hear them, I was thinking "Whoa" Keanu Reeves style!

This is sweet, bring me another!

I just have to post a review on this one. As I was downloading the song I saw that DJP said it had lyrics and singing, and I immediately thought to myself "Oh man this is gonna be teh suck!" (Yes I actually said "teh" to myself). I usually hate lyrics in remixes because the recording of the vocals is often quite poor. But not here. It's extremely well done. Everything here is well done. It's one of the more addictive mixes on the site, for sure. It's way better than the Ken Stage arrangement by Hiroaki Yoshida on the awesome Street Fighter Tribute Album (which also had SF tunes arranged by the likes of Takenobu Mitsuyoshi of Daytona USA fame, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yuzo Koshiro, and Ayako Saso among others).

I have finally realized my Ken. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but at least I've realized it and my therapist tells me that's a step in the right direction!

Wow. That was quick. Teh_goat showed this to me in IRC and I loved it. Had it on repeat for almost two hours.

Yes, same here...I didn't expect to hear such a high quality song with vocals...I'm still very much in love with this song. Anyway, I'm very glad this got accepted, and so damn quickly. It definately deserves it.

I just have to post a review on this one. As I was downloading the song I saw that DJP said it had lyrics and singing, and I immediately thought to myself "Oh man this is gonna be teh suck!" (Yes I actually said "teh" to myself). I usually hate lyrics in remixes because the recording of the vocals is often quite poor. But not here. It's extremely well done. Everything here is well done. It's one of the more addictive mixes on the site, for sure. It's way better than the Ken Stage arrangement by Hiroaki Yoshida on the awesome Street Fighter Tribute Album (which also had SF tunes arranged by the likes of Takenobu Mitsuyoshi of Daytona USA fame, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yuzo Koshiro, and Ayako Saso among others).

I have finally realized my Ken. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but at least I've realized it and my therapist tells me that's a step in the right direction!

Amen! 8)

i registered with this site JUST to reply about this song. i had it in my car today blasting it and some people asked me what it was and what station i was listning too. i realize my ken dude. this is the only song that i have listend to multiple times right after downloading (save for terranigma-blue). if you can man put this on the radio. youll go far

EzK

oh freaking lord, this is awesome! this is so ken, i can't even take it. the ending was a little abrupt, but you've got the ken atmosphere down pat. incredible work man.

i have been burnt a few times with record/publishing labels... its hard to find someone that is willing to help me out in the record industry rather than burn me. perhaps i need to move to germany and away from australia. it seems as though all the sharks are in australia.

i wish that were true man. but there's an equal potential to get screwed over anywhere you go. this is one of the hardest industries to get into. but perseverence pays off. that and talent out the ass.. .

This is definately one of OC's top mix. If there was such a thing as a Mainstream Video Game Radio Station (not just an online radio), this would be one of those songs that would play around every 7 songs, and you won't get sick of it, right to the end. It takes nothing to relise that this song will be up there with Little Macs Confession.

The guitar is nice; the drums keep the beat; the vocals are clear; the lyrics, while not always clear in meaning, are catchy; and the just the theme behind it is original. Out of 1 out of a 10, if I could give an 11, I would want to give a 12.

My ONLY gripe, (which is minor), is that there aren't this high of quality remixes that I can compare it to.

Now... if only you can make a theme like this for every Street Fighter (II) character...

fuck yeah dude, hot shit. Very well done.

There should be more people going this route with remixes... i.e. really doing something different from the original. Electronica/techno can be cool, but it's nice to know some people appreciate other genres and are willing to put the effort into really transforming a piece of music into something new.

Ken's song is excellent. It is really difficult to take something excellent and change it very significantly and still end up with something excellent. Big up Joe, you're a remix pimp.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"