OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

I listen to most the new songs on OCR like the night they're posted. UNFORTUNATELY, this one slipped by, and I only listened to this because of its mention in the mp3.com interview with DJP.

Anyways...OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

Simply amazing.

The beginning sounded a little generic to me at first; I almost skipped over the song thinking, "yawn, another stereotyped rock remix". Then the vocals came in and I realized this one was different. The progression, vocals, production, everything is proffessional (or close enough!). I love the alt rock sound of bands like Foo Fighters, Gin Blossoms, etc., and this song is very reminiscent of that style.

I give it a 10/10.

Here's to hoping for more remixes from JD.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a short exceprt of a conversation between myself and a friend of mine:

"So what did you think?"

"That song was pretty bad-ass. Where did you find it?"

"Would you believe a video game music remixing website?"

"What?! That's music from a video game?!?"

"Yup."

"NO WAY!!! THAT'S AWESOME!!!"

Okay granted, video games have rarely if ever been acknowledged for their music. More and more games are licensing actual music for their games (EA Sports, Gran Turismo series, SSX series to name a few) but that doesn't count. Games with ORIGINAL soundtracks are more often than not passed up in favor for a cd in the stereo and that's a damn shame. Especially with this song. Ken is in a tie for my favorite SF character (with Guile), and the first time I heard this, I think I creamed my pants.

Can I give it an 11/10?

3 letters. just 3. O M G! I can't DL your second version (I can't even listen to it!) It is very sad about how most people tend to ignore game music. This song fits Ken perfectly. If anyone knows his moves, pm them to me so I can beat his story. THX

PS: THIS SONG=0\/\/N/-\G3!

• 4 weeks later...
See, this is why no-one likes n00bs.

Hey...I'm a n00b. Oh well :roll:

Honestly, I wasn't too fond of Ken's theme music in Street fighter. However, this remix to his theme is awesome!! I'm listening to it right now. Time to "realise my Ken".

That's one thing cleared with jd. It's meant to be "realise you're Ken." Just a little bit of poor grammar entering the lyrics. ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"