OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"

djpretzel

OK! I've learned all of Ken's moves now and OWNED a ryu friend of mine! The WHOLE TIME I thought of this song and could practically imagine it playing in the background as I nailed a couple flaming Shoryukens on him. This song fits ken so good and if JD were to send an instrumental in for the next SF game I am sure he would get in right off the bat. I would be so happy to hear the lyriced version in the ending credits for Ken. This song rocks! Realize you're Ken!

That's insane. "You're Ken"? Ken should be a metaphor for inner strength or power, not intended as a name. Fair enough, it's called "Ken's song", but there's no need to personalise it to the extent where I'm listening to a song dedicated to some yellow-permed moron. I want to realise my ken, not realise I am him.

That's insane. "You're Ken"? Ken should be a metaphor for inner strength or power, not intended as a name. Fair enough, it's called "Ken's song", but there's no need to personalise it to the extent where I'm listening to a song dedicated to some yellow-permed moron. I want to realise my ken, not realise I am him.

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. It's more like the song Ken would listen to before he goes into a street fight, of self-empowerment. If you want it to inspire you somehow just take Ken as a generic name. Realize you're mecca!

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. It's more like the song Ken would listen to before he goes into a street fight, of self-empowerment. If you want it to inspire you somehow just take Ken as a generic name. Realize you're mecca!

I agree with Atolmazel here. BTW, I liked the old version of The Ken Song better. I HATE this version. Too...Bleh. The other version was rocking and cool and the new version seems like very bland and without any feeling. Seems more like rap than rock.

Does JD do the vocals for this? Whoever does sounds VERY much like Ken. I could so totally imagine him saying "Shoryuken!"

Version 1 was better. Though i'm not a big fan, it's nice and the vocals are ok, but I don't think this pop'ish sound fit well with the cool Ken song from sf2. Even if the production is good for a one man project, it's executed in a very standard nu Pop/Rock way, and it doesn't have enough "soul" or special moments that makes it memorable. Still, a good production and a nice pop song. Unfortunately, i don't think it's very special.

Version 1 was better. Though i'm not a big fan, it's nice and the vocals are ok, but I don't think this pop'ish sound fit well with the cool Ken song from sf2. Even if the production is good for a one man project, it's executed in a very standard nu Pop/Rock way, and it doesn't have enough "soul" or special moments that makes it memorable. Still, a good production and a nice pop song. Unfortunately, i don't think it's very special.

Except for the fact that the lyrics get driven into your skull oh so easily...

I personally thought the first one was better. It was more rockish, if that makes any sense. The drums sound a little bit off, as if they're half a second slow behind the guitars. The transition at 2:45 seems a bit abrupt, but at 3:30, the stuff till the end kicks ass.

I listened to the other music on your site too. I think you sound a lot better when you let your voice and guitar do the work. I guess I'm trying to say that sometimes simpler is better. It sounded like the second version of The Ken Song was put through some kind of remixer program and a bunch of added effects were added.

BTW, Wake Up is my favorite song of yours. :)

1: I've had a copy of it for a long time now and love it to the max. The second verson? OH DEAR LORD! I don't cuss but that was way beyond cuss worthy. If that version was ever sent to the radio or whatever, they would kick you even before the second verse. At very least if they had heard the first version before that. No offense, but why did you do it? Do the spew ( :vomit: ) doesn't do justice. You get past the intro and... what happened to the volume? Go on and a chunk of the lyrics has been instrumented out. There's a ding in there that sounds like you had an error message pop up.

Beside all that, the life is gone from it. Is there a copy of the original on the site too? Haven't looked yet but there needs to be. Sorry about the bad review but I was truely forcing myself to hear the whole thing.

So I end with...

The first one was phenominal stick with that one.

Joe, sounds like you have alot of talent outside of the OCRemix scene! Would fit perfectly in the current pop-focused industry. ;)

Vocals reminds me alot of "That Thing You Do." Wickedly catchy. :cool:

Have to agree with a post a ways back. "Keep fighting for the right of the one you so truly mend." Replace the words with some synonyms and you are also saying, "Fight for the right of the one you sincerely repair?"

"Mend" in a relationship sense means you are fixing one that is broken... It really does not work, how you are using it.

How about, "Keep fighting for the right of the love that you defend?"

Not that I was really listening to the lyrics, but he brought it up :D

The second version sounds just like what it is - a remix. Stick with the original.

Anyway, great song. It compelled me to rejoin the forums just to congratulate you on it. You really have some skills there. ;)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01266 - Street Fighter II "The Ken Song"