Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

Larsec PMd me in IRC with some good news. I hope he doesn't mind if I share it.

Not at all...

I need to work out some variation on the drums but other than that the track is ready for BETA (minus the vocals that is). I wrote the lyrics which are singable and somewhat coherent and I expect to move on with the vocals early next week (when Mahoney will be availible once again)...

I will be PMing you shortly, Mythril Nazgul...

while the deadline hasnt passed yet, here is a list of people with WIPs shown to me thus far. It will be updated as the time passes. SIGNIFICANT SIZED WIPS MUST BE IN BY DECEMBER 10th.

Sorry if i don't have you down. I'm in the middle of a thanksgiving thingie, and i dont have time to run through the thread. Just leave a post with a link to the wip if i missed ya and i will correct it.

E1M1: The Hangar (EvilHorde): YES

E1M2: Nuclear Plant (Joker): YES

E1M3: Toxin Refinery (LordMaestro):

E1M4: Command Control (Mr. Anderson):

E1M5: Phobos Lab (Richter)

E1M6: Central Processing (Beatdrop): YES

E1M7: Computer Station (DJ Carbunk1e/Sanguineuniverse) YES/

E1M8: Phobos Anomaly : (DJ Carbunk1e)

E1M9: Military Base : (TO) YES

E2M1: Deimos Anomaly (Nasenmann):

E2M2: Containment Area : ArseAssassin

E2M4: Deimos Lab (Mythril Nazgul): YES

E2M6: Halls of the Damned (Adhesive_Boy)

E2M7: Spawning Vats (Bill): YES?

E2M8: Tower of Babel : Xelebes

E2M9: Fortress of Mystery (secret level) nousentre

E3M2: Slough of Despair (Larsec?): YES

E3M3: Pandemonium (analoq):

E3M8: Dis :

1. The Text Music (episode outro) Larsec - YES

2. The End (Episode 3 Outro iirc) (Bart Klepka)

OK, since I have gotten as far as I have with the Text Music I figured I would pay a little more attention to Slough of Despair. I had a new idea for it..

The original WIP I presented in the other thread

and

The new idea

Please don't mind the technical glitches and I have no idea what the mixing sounds like since I am on poor speakers and headphones at the moment... I will continue to work on this today... I think...

As of right now, I think i've mailed this notification to everyone, but if I missed you, I'll go back and double check.

The Doom Remix project is finally moving to Site Projects! I talked to Protricity and he deemed it far along enough, and solid enough (Yes!) to be moved to SP. If you don't see it in GD anymore, be sure to check Site Projects.

On a personal note, I'm glad this project is back on its feet and I hope I'm doing the best I can to run it. If there is anything you have a real problem with, contact me and let me know. Also, I can't hold this project up on my own. Everyone involved is doing a great job of getting WIPs into the thread and confirming themselves, saving me some trouble.

If you need WIP assistance, there are many people you can look to. I won't name names, because that would be rude, but OCR is filled with people willing to give you tips on mixing, arranging, mastering, etc.

Remember! The first deadline approaches fast! I want a significant WIP (work in progress) by that deadline. What is significant, you may ask? Significant, to me, would be more than two minutes worth of the track, reasonably complete. Remember, you have time until the final deadline. If you finish your songs early, clean them up, polish them, make them shine.

This isn't a half assed fad project; if it was, there would be no point in me keeping this thing alive. I would have let it die with klm's incarnation of the thread. This project has loads of potential and I know it will sound good in the end. Here is the projected timetable I have set up:

December 10th - 1st WIP Deadline

In between this - (Get started on website, tentative title of project, etc)

January 24th - FINAL SONG DEADLINE

January 24th-February 4th:

• Vote on vote needing songs
  • Decide on the track list
  • Finalize the Web site
  • Finalize the cover art
  • mixers opinions on the other songs on the project

The website is going to require: graphics (I might be able to do those), Mixer Bios, Web space, etc. The album title? Who knows, now. Album cover? We can worry about these when the time comes, but I would like them to be in the back of everyones minds.

Can anyone here submit to this?

'Cause I love the Doom musics, so I could do a remix for it (have composed some own metal-versions already).

Reply here or PM me the answer plz.

Is there also some kind of specific genre here, or just different genres..?

Thx for advance.

Okay, this just sucks.

As some of you may already know, I had an almost finished WIP and I even uploaded it on my server a few months back. Since no one showed any interest, I eventually deleted it, having it on my computer and all. As a matter of fact, I tried to re-upload it to Mikseri a few days ago, but I had some trouble with mp3 conversion, so I decided to try to fix the problem later.

Now, the problem with this is that somehow my dad managed to format the C-drive while trying to install Linux or whatever. That means that approximately two years worth of my work is gone and I'm left with nothing but few random mp3-files that I have uploaded to Mikseri. There was a shitload of WIPs that I was planning to release and, of course, my almost finished E2M2 remix. I don't even have a fucking mp3.

Right now I'm trying to get Windows working along with FLStudio. My regkey is propably also gone and my password for FL members area. Even if I manage to get them working, all my VST's, soundfonts and samples are gone.

This doesn't mean that I'm off the project though, I'm trying to restart working on E2M2 ASAP and I'll try to at least get a rough sketch done by deadline. But yeah, I'm pissed off right now.

Always take the truckdrivers code, Arse. Backing up is an essential part of the work.

I've lost my share of files before. While I was working on the Total War Soundtrack, my harddrive crashed and I lost every single file, including some finished. Luckily that just made me start over with experience so it turned out better.

Now I back most of my essentials up. Since I know that losing everything isn't the end of the world, but it can sure put you back and make you feel like crap. :)

Okay, this just sucks.

As some of you may already know, I had an almost finished WIP and I even uploaded it on my server a few months back. Since no one showed any interest, I eventually deleted it, having it on my computer and all. As a matter of fact, I tried to re-upload it to Mikseri a few days ago, but I had some trouble with mp3 conversion, so I decided to try to fix the problem later.

Now, the problem with this is that somehow my dad managed to format the C-drive while trying to install Linux or whatever. That means that approximately two years worth of my work is gone and I'm left with nothing but few random mp3-files that I have uploaded to Mikseri. There was a shitload of WIPs that I was planning to release and, of course, my almost finished E2M2 remix. I don't even have a fucking mp3.

Right now I'm trying to get Windows working along with FLStudio. My regkey is propably also gone and my password for FL members area. Even if I manage to get them working, all my VST's, soundfonts and samples are gone.

This doesn't mean that I'm off the project though, I'm trying to restart working on E2M2 ASAP and I'll try to at least get a rough sketch done by deadline. But yeah, I'm pissed off right now.

Dear god, that sucks....

If you can give me something small by the deadline, it should be fine, AA. I understand the predicament.