Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

while the deadline hasnt passed yet, here is a list of people with WIPs shown to me thus far. It will be updated as the time passes. SIGNIFICANT SIZED WIPS MUST BE IN BY DECEMBER 10th.

Sorry if i don't have you down. I'm in the middle of a thanksgiving thingie, and i dont have time to run through the thread. Just leave a post with a link to the wip if i missed ya and i will correct it.

E1M1: The Hangar (EvilHorde): YES

E1M2: Nuclear Plant (Joker): YES

E1M3: Toxin Refinery (LordMaestro): YES

E1M4: Command Control (Mr. Anderson):

E1M5: Phobos Lab (Richter) :

E1M6: Central Processing (Beatdrop): YES

E1M7: Computer Station (DJ Carbunk1e/Sanguineuniverse) YES/

E1M8: Phobos Anomaly : (DJ Carbunk1e): YES

E1M9: Military Base : (TO) YES

E2M1: Deimos Anomaly : Sith Lord Aku YES

E2M2: Containment Area : ArseAssassin

E2M4: Deimos Lab (Mythril Nazgul): YES

E2M6: Halls of the Damned (Adhesive_Boy)

E2M7: Spawning Vats (Bill): YES?

E2M8: Tower of Babel : Xelebes

E2M9: Fortress of Mystery (secret level) nousentre YES

E3M2: Slough of Despair (Larsec): YES

E3M3: Pandemonium (analoq):

E3M8: Dis :

1. The Text Music (episode outro) Larsec - YES

2. The End (Episode 3 Outro iirc) (Bart Klepka)

I would just like to note that after the Final Deadline, there will be a short period (maybe a couple of days?) which will be a critiquing period. Mixers can offer critique and tips for other mixes and hopefully help make all the songs on this project sound better. So keep in mind, you may have to change your song after the final deadline, so don't go deleting files or anything. :wink:

Joker: Nice name. :P I'll listen later.

Hell, someone PM ACDC. We can ask if they want in on the project. ;).

Also, I'm going to start a poll for the title of the project, so post what you feel would be a good title, and we will vote on it later.

Suggestions, taken from lines in the Doom Comic Book:

Rip and Tear

Chainsaw: The Great Communicator

Now I'm Radioactive

:tomatoface:

e3m8 is free again. any takers?
I'm extremely tempted...

I'll work on something and see if I can come up with something good but this does not mean I've called the track. If you want to take this track by all means do so.

EDIT: Started preliminary work on the song. So far I'm thinking two part acoustic guitar, I don't know about percussion yet because I suck at programming drums. If I get farther along and I decide it needs drums I'll probably just collab with someone to make sure they'll sound good. :wink: Even though this is "Dis" it's going to have the feel of the slower songs from the Doom OST.

I was just browsing through my files on my older hard drive and I accidentally came across of my good ol' E2M2 mix I made for this project. I'm somewhat amazed by the fact that it actually was the latest version, since I can't recall why it was on the older hard drive in first place.

This is good, 'cause I haven't even been able to get Windows running, much less started another WIP. I'll post it as soon as I get home.

Arse, matey, you got some good stuff there. I reeeally like the spooky atmospheric whistlesounds. The constantly filtered tricky dnb beats don´t do the trick for me, but thats just because its not my thing. BUT they go well with the track so they also have my blessing.. YEAY. The tracks keeps on rolling quite nicely. NICE. Veeeery nice...

And what comes to my contribution to the project; I´ve thought up some title suggestions.

Aircraft shred (As in aircraft SHED=hangar, and SHRED=playing guitar fiercely. And yes, I know its far fetched...)

AND the other which I´m not so fond of (although I´m not a HUGE fan of the 1st one either) but it just crossed my mind accidentally :

Runway to hell

(Oh god it´s even cheesier when I see it written! Agghh...:D)

So, anyway, tell me what you think..

Why don't ya name it Perkele? :D

No, seriously, I like the last one. It's hell-y enough, fits with your remix.

And, maybe a little off-topic, but did you play the quick soloes in the real tempo, or did you record it first slowly, then raise the tempo? 'Cause I've ever couldn't play it that fast. ALMOST that fast, but not yet...