Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

TO - ElectroCute Bunny

I've updated this. I'm happy with where it's heading. The discrepancies are intentional too, it's not your speakers. :)

Also Mythril, Since this is the last track of the lot, do you want it to finish a certain way? The way I currently have it, it fades in and out with a synth line, which is the easiest way to transitition a piece. I'll get in touch with Larsec and find out how he's ending his piece, we'll work something.

I was thinking, are we going to have a bonus track at the end of the lot?

Do we really need "actual" pictures of ourselves? I could try to get one, but if I can't can I just, say... put up like a picture of something else. Maybe like my little logo avatar or some crap? Oh & some advice &/or constructive criticism on my mix would be appreciated. http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48646

Herro hans brix,

Joker

If you guys need a seeder for bit torrent distribution, I'll be more than happy to sacrifice my bandwidth for the cause.

Edit: For titles, me and my friend (long time doom fans) came up with some possible titles:

Thy Ears Consumed

Ear Deep in the Dead

Icon of Song

btw, TO. loving that bunny theme. Btw, you working on both mixes or just the bunny theme now?

ps: you said earlier that yours would segue into larsecs. is that the case or is it the other way around? I think, maybe, because of the nature of larsec's, it might have to be Yours -> Larsec

edit: FRONT PAGE UPDATE.

ok,

first off i know i'm late. the drum sequencer program that i use has been acting up all night so i'm afraid the old drum track will have to do for now untill i can reinstall my program.

i know it's far from perfect but here goes . . .

http://home.earthlink.net/~nousentre2/e2m9%20(tower%20of%20the%20cannibals%20OR%20mystery%20meat).mp3

Nousentre, I know someone that can sequence some awesome drum tracks. How does this sound: you record your bass and guitar tracks then I get him to lay down a drum track? However, knowing him, he might go ahead and add his own touch to the song, which wouldn't be a bad thing. How does this interest you?

that's a good idea, Myth. Might do it that way, since my synths can transform into Larsecs piece easily.

I'm still working on both, the bunny theme and E1M9.

TO, this girl you told me about...how would she feel about being in a photo for this project? Secondly, do you have any areas near you that look like the landscape of mars? I know Australia might have some, but are they close to you?

hmm. I'd have to take a look around. I live in south-west australia which is the arid part, but I'm in the middle of a city.

It depends on whether you'd want a landscape or just a small area. the landscape would be hard since it usually has a few shrubs in it. But a small area would be a piece of cake.

I'll ask the girl when she next comes online, I haven't seen her in a little while.

Edit: The closest arid area is Sturt, and that's a good 800km drive, so no I won't be able to go there.

idea3bi.gif

this is what i was thinking for the back of the "cover".

A figure standing with her back to the camera and her hands wrapped around her body, perhaps with blood dripping from the palm. In the background, a martian landscape with the moons in the sky, tinted red. I'll see what can be done about the bg....The track listing would be at the bottom left, where the lines are. She would have, maybe, an evil smile on her face?

haha, nice pic, myth. :)

It's a good idea, but it'd be difficult to do.

I'm more for the character in isolation of a black background. Sort of like a gollum stance, hunched down, protruding out of the darkness with a demonic look.

of course, we could all dress up in imp costumes and growl at the camera. :D That'd be a great cover actually.

idea3bi.gif

this is what i was thinking for the back of the "cover".

A figure standing with her back to the camera and her hands wrapped around her body, perhaps with blood dripping from the palm. In the background, a martian landscape with the moons in the sky, tinted red. I'll see what can be done about the bg....The track listing would be at the bottom left, where the lines are. She would have, maybe, an evil smile on her face?

Hey mythril.. I was thinking the website would be a bit cooler.. I mean, thats very ugly. And not very colorful.. :D

Okay okay.. very funny...

Anyway, what info should there be on the small paragraph? Could you provide us a form of some kind or do we just tell something about us freely? I think it would maybe make it easier to read if it had a structure... like

Name:

Rock the house y´all:

etc etc..

BUT thats just me.

Hmmm... If there's no any way to get a pic of that "martian" environment, I suppose it can be done virtually. I can do CG, in fact I think I'm pretty good as a self-learner. If there's no other way to get that scenery, I think I can do it, but then again, I'm not sure if I'm free, lots of work...

But, Myth, tell me your opinions.

First of all, EvilHorde, Bllllaaaagh ;P

Now, Example of a biography paragraph? Errr...Just a little bit about yourself, ie:

Remixer VanderGoot is the alias of Martin Von Hibleheim. He has been remixing for 10 years...blahblah...a guitar player...blah blah...etx. A structure would work fine, but i guess you could say this is similar to the mixer bios on OCr. nothing big. Just a small bio.

as for the song, a small description of the song. This will help me when I write a write up of the song for the site.

Hartza, we'll see. This is still just an idea.

TO: that idea could work quite well. We'll have to see.

Let me just say I am a HUGE fan of the Doom series and i stumbled across this page yesterday I think. I then proceded to download every WIP along with every finished song. What your guys are doing is f***ing awsome. Great work thus far. So yeah. Way cool. A great tribute to a great game. At least in my eyes. My favorite song is E1M8 so whoever is mixing that: good luck. I am pretty easy to please though. Anyway thanks. For doing what you do. Later.