Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

Hey everyone, I've was just lookin through the forums and stumbled across this. This is so cool!! I've always loved Doom and its music and I just wanna wish you guys the best of luck in producing this! There's just a little insignificant something that I'd like to add to all this... http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/info/music.php

That page contains all the official and original names for all the songs in Doom. I hadn't seen the real names anywhere on this thread so I thought I'd let you in. They might help you think of names for your own remixes or you might wanna include them somehow in the track listings or in the CD booklet or whatnot. And I was just wondering if there is a page where I can find all of the completed tracks and WIP's all on the one page? That would be great.

So yeah, good luck guys and keep up the awesome work!!

Peace

I received a reply from my model friend.

About being the "cover model" :P Sure, I don't mind doing it. It will be a bit of a buzz I guess!!! I guess it does depend on what the guy wants me to do, but I can look demonic haha. Would he be editing the picture? Cuz i have a mate who is really good at photomanipulation and he would probably be able to do something to make me demon-like if you dont have anyone that can do it (although I'm sure you would have someone that could!) Ryan has a pet snake (actually two at the moment - he's borrowed his friends as well) so I could even get a picture of me with a couple of snakes wrapped around my arm, if that sounds cool and demon looking! You can suggest it to your friend anyway.

Let me know what you want, draw up some readable poses in paint along with explanations to make them clear and I can get them taken for you. I assume you can digitally manipulate the photo the way you want. Snakes Yes/No. And tell me how many photo's you want and how big. I'll get them here asap.

I received a reply from my model friend.
About being the "cover model" :P Sure, I don't mind doing it. It will be a bit of a buzz I guess!!! I guess it does depend on what the guy wants me to do, but I can look demonic haha. Would he be editing the picture? Cuz i have a mate who is really good at photomanipulation and he would probably be able to do something to make me demon-like if you dont have anyone that can do it (although I'm sure you would have someone that could!) Ryan has a pet snake (actually two at the moment - he's borrowed his friends as well) so I could even get a picture of me with a couple of snakes wrapped around my arm, if that sounds cool and demon looking! You can suggest it to your friend anyway.

Let me know what you want, draw up some readable poses in paint along with explanations to make them clear and I can get them taken for you. I assume you can digitally manipulate the photo the way you want. Snakes Yes/No. And tell me how many photo's you want and how big. I'll get them here asap.

I'll let G-T know.

I'm not down with snakes in this case seeing that they have nothing to do with Doom. If everyone else wants it that's cool with me. Also if her friend is willing to photo-manipulate her go ahead. It'll save me trouble. However if he does, I would like the original photo + the manipulation incase I don't like it. 8) The rest is up to everyone else.

Since my previous suggestions for titles were jokes I'll suggest something for real now:

The 21 Layers of Hell (with this one the track listing could go along with the theme ie. "Layer 1: Evil Horde - Mix Title...")

For the Prince (this has a double meaning: The Prince of Darkness or Bobby Prince)

Eleven Years in Hell (Doom is 11 years old)

Melophobia (fear of music)

And if no one has volunteered to be the voice in the garbled radio transmission I'd be more than happy to do it. At least then I'm contributing somehow. :wink:

Melophobia (fear of music)

Hmm.. We could try to twist this and include Phobos to "phobia". Like Melophobos... Okay, a really bad example but still. Phobia and Phobos are so close together we might get something out of it... But I´m not in a creative mood right now apparently..

WELL....

We seem to be having so many title suggestions its gonna be really hard to just pick one. But its good to have choices...

BTW:

The 21 Layers of Hell (with this one the track listing could go along with the theme ie. "Layer 1: Evil Horde - Mix Title...")

I kinda like this one.

I would like all the mixers to check back in, in the thread, in the next few days please.

edit: with an idea of progress, please.

also: Danny B has offered his vocal skills for anyone that needs a vocalist for their track. get into contact with him if you can, via his secret AIM account and maybe something could come of it.