Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

Hmmmm...I cant wait to hear the Hell Keep remix ;)

*Considers the possibilities...:twisted:*

I don't think Hell's Keep is on the project because it was (like some other songs) minor adaptations of another song from the game. Something klm09 decided back in september.

All the songs are in the project, none are cut.

Hell keep is E3M1, the music in E3M1 is the same as the music in E2M9, which was taken by Nousentre.

This is a list I made a while back. Level - Track Name - Level Name and the songs influenced by:

E1M1 - At Doom's Gate - The Hangar

Metallica - Master of Puppets (Beginning)

Metallica - No Remorse

Slayer - Behind the Crooked Cross (Middle)

E1M4 - Kitchen Ace (And Taking Names) - Command Control

Pantera - Rise

E2M1 - I Sawed the Demons - Deimos Anomaly

ACDC - Big Guns

E2M3 - Intermission from Doom - Refinery

Pantera - Regular People

E3M1 - Untitled - Hell's Keep

Pantera - Mouth for War

E3M3 - Deep Into the Code - Pandemonium

Slayer - Behind the Crooked Cross (Beginning)

Tomorrow marks two weeks since the debut of the Kirby project, has there been any news at all?

Joker: the idea is ok...but the rest is very poor quality work. Keep gunning.

i might do something for cover art aswell (if i can find enough spare time :? )

cover art is all welcome, but a decent effort is required. Stand back and think.. "if someone else made this, would I want to use it?"

Waiting on Myth still, I think the project could afford to wait a little longer, let kirby have it's time in the prime, 2 weeks is too soon, and we still have things to do.

Hmm... thanks for the comments(?). But I'm only working with what I got. And it's far from what I had planned originally. I wish I could do it better, but the picture I used only has so much resolution, & I can't find anythings better than it. So, that's as good production wise as it's getting I'm afraid. It'll be there for whoever wants to use it though. Or if anyone more adept at photoshop wants the pdf to spruce up. I'll be more than happy to give to them.

Hmm... thanks for the comments(?). But I'm only working with what I got. And it's far from what I had planned originally. I wish I could do it better, but the picture I used only has so much resolution, & I can't find anythings better than it. So, that's as good production wise as it's getting I'm afraid. It'll be there for whoever wants to use it though. Or if anyone more adept at photoshop wants the pdf to spruce up. I'll be more than happy to give to them.

If you don't have the images/tools to make your image better, then the best solution is to find them. Everything I do is with photoshop and random plugins and images I find for free on the web. There are tutorials and such too.

that is the doom lettering, the doom menu lettering. unfortunately i didn't find the main DOOM font (not that i searched very thoroughly mind you). anyways i'm experimenting with making sprites from the game into patterns and placing it as a layer style.

EDIT:

howzabout something along these lines on the title lettering?

dsop1hg.th.jpg

EDIT2:

ok i really like the style of this one down here, it goes along better with the overall color scheme.

dsop3pb.th.jpg

Those look quite good Firecracker. My only complaint is the "Dark side of the Phobos" text. The font makes the picture look kinda "cute", and you might want to check the typography. It looks like the letters in "THE" are really crammed next to each other, when again in "DARKSIDE" or "DARK SIDE" (can´t tell which is it) it almost looks as it says D ARKSIDE because the D is so far away..

Just little nitpicking but something worth taking a look at. Its a great picture.

EH: i had noticed that before and it is a problem with the font itself not my typing, i did try to fix it but for some very odd reason the patterns on the layer styles started to mess up so i had to revert back to the slightly parted original, as for cute i don't see it, this is the direct rendition font from the menu of doom.

Edit: the patterns messing up were actually ps and my pc being whiny little bitches so the fixed one is a go :D

Edit2:

i think this is the pre-master version...i don't like the outer glow all that much but the burning rock effect on the patterns feels spot on for me.

dsop3lg.th.jpg

Kirby is cool and all.. But I want Doom! DOom! DOOOOOoooOoOOOOOoOOoooOooOOOOoooOOoOOM!

That and Tales Symphonic Arrangement... Should harrass Kyle some more.. :P

I have no idea what makes you think that harassing ME is gonna make the project come out any faster; the quickness of the release is up to how fast the remixers get it done, and I'm sure anyone else who's ever coordinated a project can agree. :P

Oh, and the project is hardly "symphonic"; it's gonna rock faces off. ;)