Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

You fagz, Doom did you say? TO KNOWS ALL. Let him decide what is right or wrong.

TO says the Doom movie is wrong, but I'm still going to see it :P.

You're going to pay money to see it? :roll:

Don't think of it as paying money to see a poor DOOM adaptation. Think of it as paying money to see The Rock.

I'm totally going to see it. It opens on my birthday. :roll:

You fagz, Doom did you say? TO KNOWS ALL. Let him decide what is right or wrong.

Don't think of it as paying money to see a poor DOOM adaptation. Think of it as paying money to see The Rock.

I think TO's original question still stands. :P

Yes I'll pay money and be like "oo this film is shit but I just don't care cause it's something to do". It'll be a great day.

Well, in the end it's your money. But I can think of better ways to spend time and money than sitting in a dark smelley theatre and watching dog shit for an hour and a half.

... why all this crap about the DooM movie. Last I heard it was on Mars... with monsters from another dimension... probably hell. Heck, the screenshots of the monsters are pretty sweet. Looks (& sounds) like a decent movie. Maybe not an Oscar winner (but let's face it... they really don't count for much), but it will be a fun ride. The End!

Well, this has degenerated into "DOOM movie hate thread" number 37. So, let's talk about the planet Mars until the project comes out.

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=118&art_id=qw1122957184759B221

Here's a very interesting link, which is a tour through a virtual Mars outpost.

http://www.exploremarsnow.org/

You know, to me Doom has always been about THE CHAINSAW and THE SHOTGUN and blasting the heck out of the ugly monsters instead of all this Mars-space-survival-horror-thingie.

The sweet aroma of gunpowder and the calming noise of the idling chainsaw.. OH HELL YEAH.

Interesting that most people seem to have this weird sci-fi image on their heads about Doom. Even the whole theme of this project is based on that. I´d rather see bloody chainsaws and shotgun barrels as the theme of the project instead of.. well.. planets. Not that I´m complaining or anything, this is gonna kick ass and I like the layout... It´s just interesting.

It seems that the general DOOM-image today is based thoroughly on Doom 3. Doom 3 is cool as hell with its Alien-kinda sci-fi movie business, but what happened to the sweet DEMON-MAYHEM of the first ones?

To me, Doom3 was a bit of a disappointment (not a huge though, I like that game) cause it was all about sneaking and SURVIVING. It´s just few monsters at a time, and you can´t BLAST them cause the shotgun is useless and the sound of it is a wimpy "click" instead of the colossal BLAM from Doom 1.

SHIT. I want to wave my shotgun to hundreds of demons and blast them all back to hell.

And I want my shotgun to go CLICK only when I´m outta ammo.

THERE! We have some time until the project is released, and we have a fully functional thread here! I USED IT! I discussed about DOOM in reference to the project! YEE-HAW!

Feel free to participate!

I don´t want to sound rude or anything, but in the name of love, PLEASE drop the flare (or star or explosion or whatever)!? On the back cover its ok because the text is on it, but in the cover it looks.. well.. silly. Otherwise, nice work.

i know, but if i take it out the text becomes near invisible and if i change layer styles of the text to make it more visible i lose the textures. so it has to stay.

Alright, all the people who made alt covers, please finalize them with this playlist:

Disk One
00. TO and Pixietricks - Welcome to Hell
01. Evil Horde - Hangarmageddon (e1m1)
02. Sir Nuts - The Red Moon (e1m4)
03. Joker - Industrial Strength (e1m2)
04. Nousentre - Mystery Meat (e2m9)
05. Evil Horde - The Leaning Tower of Babel (e2m8)
06. Beatdrop - Reprocessed (e1m6)
07. Mythril Nazgul - Ghosts of Mars (e2m4)
08. RoeTaka - The Chemical Imps (e1m3)
09. analoq - Demon Con Gusto (e3m3)
10. Arse Assassin - This Can't Be Good (e2m2)
11. TO and Bladiator - Jade Spawn (e2m7)

Disk Two
12. TO - Intermission
13. RoeTaka featuring Evil Horde - Infiltrator (e2m1)
14. DJ Carbunk1e - Infected Lab (e1m7)
15. TO - Secrets and Lies (e1m9)
16. DJ Carbunk1e featuring Ryan8Bit - The Glass Moon (e1m8)
17. RoeTaka - Ocean Pollen (e3m2)
18. Hemophiliac featuring Pixietricks - Aria of the Damned (e2m6)
19. Prophecy - Iron Cathedral (e3m8)
20. Daniel Baranowsky - The Dark Side of Phobos (e1m5)
21. Larsec featuring Elsa Persson - Darkness Dawning (Text Music)
22. TO - ElectroCute Bunny (The End)

And PM both the front and back to me. Make sure they are final and of good size/quality. I'll need everyones by tomorrow, so if you snooze you lose.

Gracia.s

Furthermore, I need Seeders. Thank you to the mirrors, but I need people willing to seed the torrent file. A minimum of 5 before Monday.

I think after our "lynching" of his website design; GT's been a bit apprehensive about showing off his work. For good reason.

I don't really care too much about what people have to say about my work (unless it's just to tear it down). I just haven't really shown anything because I have three jobs and summer school outside of this project, a few others, and lots of social related issues. If you guys don't really care for the design that'll come out of this, I'm sorry then.

Concerning the cover art... I like the cover art that's been posted so if you guys want to use it, that's perfectly fine with me... I will say that, in my opinion, some of the designs posted are great and I don't really see why I still need to do one if the ones already up are good enough. But since Myth still wants me to do my own cover art... I guess I have to.