Doom: The Dark Side of Phobos - History

Navi

Yeah, we should concentrate on this first... Monday! Holy poop it's finally getting released. If only Myth would give us mixers an early listen.

On a side not. If there were a another Doom project, it'd be cool to get the DSoP togethor again, with some additions of course. You know, make a definitive DooM Remix team. After a while of course. Give the DsoP it's proper time to shine.

KyleJCrb said:
Joker said:
Yeah, we should concentrate on this first... Monday! Holy poop it's finally getting released. If only Myth would give us mixers an early listen.

You could just, y'know, mirror in some way. ;)

Hahaha.

mythril nazgul said:
Making a quick call out to anyone else who can be a mirror and can upload them asap.

Vital. I would like at least two more mirrors, asap. Please?

While I'd be interested in a Doom 2 and Final Doom Remixing project, I think I'd speak for most people in saying let's concentrate on this one first. No need to rush straight into another one. Let's enjoy the release of DSoP and then consider it later on.

Didn't they decide that most of the Doom 2 tracks aren't available for remixing, being that they're based on real songs? Or was that policy never really decided?

Half of the songs in the first Doom rip off something from popular metal songs, so that really shouldn't make much of a difference.

While I'd be interested in a Doom 2 and Final Doom Remixing project, I think I'd speak for most people in saying let's concentrate on this one first. No need to rush straight into another one. Let's enjoy the release of DSoP and then consider it later on.

Didn't they decide that most of the Doom 2 tracks aren't available for remixing, being that they're based on real songs? Or was that policy never really decided?

Half of the songs in the first Doom rip off something from popular metal songs, so that really shouldn't make much of a difference.

Precisely. There are more Song rips in Doom 1 than there are in Doom 2. So it's not a problem. DJP and the judges made a decision in the end that unless they have verbal or written evidence from someone who would be able to tell us if the pieces are rips (ie: Prince or Romero) then they can't make the call on whether it's a rip or not.

I've shown the website to a decent handful of people and they're keeping it under wraps. It's looking good, I think. I'm really proud of the way it turned out. :)

YAY! Can´t wait.

AND:

44 times 2 remaining.

Heheheheheh....

Nice work. I think it would be cooler though if we got to 1666 posts. We still have almost a day to go! So keep those posts coming. Hmm...

I would mirror, but Richter I think is already set to, & me mirroring would still be using his webspace. And double mirrors aren't good for the prostate.

Richter isn't mirroring...

SPEAKING OF SOMEONE I SHOULD CONTACT FOR MIRRORS!!

Oooh, y'all better think of something quick. Beg John Romero & Bobby Prince to mirror!

:) Good Idea, I'm sure Romero would mirror for us, being the nice person he is.

And as far as I know, Prince vanished off the earth many years ago after being abducted by aliens... I mean, demons from hell.