20. Text Music - Larsec* - Darkness Dawning
21. The End - TO - ElectroCute Bunny

CONFIRMED TRACKS

08. E1M8 - DJC/Ryan8Bit - Nameless
13. E2M6 - Hemophiliac/Pixietricks - Aria of the Damned
17. E3M2 - Sir Nuts or RoeTaka - Slough of Despair

doomproj1.jpg

The Doom Remix Project is the best!

We're spitting fireballs on all the rest!

If you don't believe me, wait and see.

It'll feel like we hit you with a BFG.

WOOO! Go Team!

DARK SIDE OF PHOBOS

Revamped and Under New Management

All the necessary information:

Point of No Return (from this point you cannot drop from the project): January 17th

Final WIPS (I say WIP for a reason) due: Jan 31st

Evaluation period: Feb 1st+ (during this time other mixers will critique the WIPS and give input for improvement on the songs. I don't know how long this period will last. However, this is a vital time for the songs, as it allows for touching up and perfecting the songs. Thus: DO NOT DELETE YOUR SONG FILES, FLP FILES, ETC>I know there are a few people who already have, but if you havent DON"T.

here is a list of potential seeders. if you have bandwidth to give, please sign up. If you have HOSTING, that is even better.

• Mythril Nazgul
  • Geko
  • Richter (mirror)
  • KyrenGraves

Global Trance is designing the page, and he needs good high quality front face portraits of the mixers. Anyone also deeply involved in the project without necessarily being a mixer (caleb and gt himself come to mind) will also have a portrait on the site. I will also need a short paragraph of information on yourself and a short paragraph on your mix(es) for my write ups for the site. Please try and get those in asap

Keep on mixing folks. this project is coming along VERY well. Kudos to you all.

Also, again. Think about transitions. If you want to segue into the next song, please contact the mixer of the next track and work something out.

THE OLD SHIT

The songs

The Rules

+Remixers must meet the deadlines given to them. If you cannot meet these deadlines, please take your name from the project as soon as possible.

+Multiple entries for a track are allowed. Voting on the tracks will occur AFTER the FINAL deadline for tracks.

+Mixers must check in with their progress at least once a week. Failure to do so, and failure to respond within three days of a PM will result in the mixer being dropped from the project

The Current List of Remixers Involved. If you do not meet a deadline, you will be dropped from the list. I am already questioning some of the names on the list, as to their “existence”ablilty, but I will go with the benefit of the doubt and give them one week. Once a track becomes open, feel free to claim it.

THE NEW DEADLINES

Have a WIP of substantial length by December 10th

SONGS MUST BE COMPLETED BEFORE January 24th*

Tentative date

Also, anyone needing server space is welcome to upload remixes at PaletteSwap. You can also attach your working files (like Fruity Loops or Reason files) there so other folks can help you with them or whatever.

(Outdated) Doom REMIX Website - http://www.peoplesremix.com/doom (contact Caleb if you need webhosting as well)

Apologies for the new thread. I need to be able to control the thread title in order to run the project fully.

This post will be updated with new Information as soon as it becomes available.

Use this thread to check in, discuss the project, post WIPS, comment on WIPS and post final mixes.

If there is any information I have missed, please tell me.

TO - Because, at this point in the Project, we aren't concerned with quality control, yet. Quality control will probably begin after the WIP deadline. Therefore. the decision to keep the song in the project is yours alone. If you feel it is good enough, stick with it. If not, create a new one. (PS: I think it sounds decent, but I know it was unfinished.)

Sanguineuniverse - I'll add your name to the list. Is that a final song, or a WIP?

Where's the link to the actual project site? Am I blind? Right in front of me someplace?....
The project site was originally going to be at http://www.peoplesremix.com/doom and was going to be created by myself and aluminum (mostly aluminum, as I suck at web design). Then the project stagnated and no one ever contacted either of us about anything regarding it what-so-ever...

As it stands, I'll also host any song for the project on my webspace, so if you can't host your mix you have two different places that will gladly host it for you.

Where's the link to the actual project site? Am I blind? Right in front of me someplace?....
The project site was originally going to be at http://www.peoplesremix.com/doom and was going to be created by myself and aluminum (mostly aluminum, as I suck at web design). Then the project stagnated and no one ever contacted either of us about anything regarding it what-so-ever...

we don't need a website at this point anyways, so you can just drop it for now.

all we need is this thread, mythril should be updating the first post with all the necessary information and news.

y song is finished. DOWNLOAD HEEAH!

whoa, crazy. nice work!

cheers.

Ana, update the link in your sig!

Awesome! Got some mad confirmation from: Carbunk1e, beatdrop, Adhesive_Boy, Nasenmann, EvilHorde!

Also, the first song, from Beatdrop (which I will listen to tonight).

Furthermore, I have no idea where klm09 went. Which is why i made a new thread, so I can control the front post.

Updating first post with some more info...

I need confirmation from:

E1M2: Nuclear Plant (Xelebes):

E1M4: Command Control (Mr. Anderson):

E1M8: Phobos Anomaly (Ralphis):

E1M9: Military Base (DamienKrauss)

E2M2: Containment Area (Peeples):

E2M9: Fortress of Mystery (secret level) (En Sabah Nur)

E3M2: Slough of Despair (Larsec)

E3M8: Dis (chester?)

1. The Text Music (episode outro) (suzumebachi)***

2. The End (Episode 3 Outro iirc) (Bart Klepka)

***Suzu may or may not be in. I've talked to him in IRC

Hello.

I've been kinda silent over the last few days. Partied last night andnow feeling a bit tired (8 hours of dancing and 6 hours of work coupled with a few hours of other stuff only to get 6 hours of sleep.)

Anywho... I'm gonna take another stab it. I'm thinking I'll need a whole new approach on the song. I might try an off-beat techno piece... see if that will do the trick.

EvilHoarde, is that your final track?

Well... If it meets the standards of this project then its ok for me. Too bad there hasn´t been much feedback on the updated version, so I really don´t know what to think about it.

I´m a bit concerned with the overall volume of the song. Is it too silent? Besides that I´m pleased with it and I´m ready to declare it as the final song...

But I´m begging for feedback.

I have En Sabah Nur (aka DJ Apocalypse) and Mr. Andersen on my MSN list. I'll be sure to contact them when they get online.

On the matter of the tune I've chosen and been assigned on, I'm finding it more difficult as time goes on the creativity I desire to pursue on the piece is going downhill. This is not good.

I'll keep trying but it is not looking good.