OCR02124 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "This Triforce Has Too Many Pieces"

djpretzel

Does this remind anyone else of Kirby: Canvas Curse? Or maybe I'm thinking Kirby's Dreamland 3? I'm definitely getting a hella "Kirby" feeling from this. I mean that as a compliment.

Overall, a pleasant listen, but in the long term it's just not my thing. I get the sense its appeal would decrease rapidly with multiple listens for me.

Hmm, it's definitely good, however it feels like there might even be a tad too MUCH of the snap crackle popness going on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it for sure, and the arrangement is quite good, but there's a few parts that make me wince a little bit because of the frequencies you're pushing hard on the high end. Besides that, really digging it, especially some of those C64/NES-style arp-chords.

• 2 weeks later...

Less than a day? Really? Damn, the ReMixers here are beasts to knock out mixes like this in a day. I truly am glad to see the Triforce Chamber get a good ReMix. The "Kirbyness" of this makes me smile, and I actually enjoy the chipy-chirpy sound of this. Impressive and grin worthy.

This is probably halc's most overtly-chippy posted mix, but I love how he mixes it up with some rhodes and atmospheric sounds to give this song more of a defined mood. It's not my favorite of his mixes, but its' a wonderful take on a theme that we all pretty much have come to know and love.

I really like how it manages to stay pretty laid back with so many gritty synths and glitchy melody lines throughout the whole song. It's an interesting result, for sure.

• 2 months later...

The lead melodies themselves never really stick out to me, it's more about everything else.

I can't really tell what it is, but in my opinion this mix is missing a little kick to it (emphasis on little, though). I noticed this while listening in my car today. A little bit of a stronger bass might have helped it a little. But really not too much, this mix benefits from being really light.

Just my opinion though, and what do I know, really? :P

Love it though. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02124 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "This Triforce Has Too Many Pieces"