Mirror's Edge - Still Alive Trance Remix

FactorySettings

Well I, for one, think this track is pretty kick-ass, though I have to ask, are you using the original audio track for the vocals or is that new stuff? if it's the original track, then if you're looking to submit it here, i'm fairly certain that's against the rules, though I could be wrong.

Well I, for one, think this track is pretty kick-ass, though I have to ask, are you using the original audio track for the vocals or is that new stuff? if it's the original track, then if you're looking to submit it here, i'm fairly certain that's against the rules, though I could be wrong.

It is the original vocal track. I'm not sure whether I'm going to submit it here, but obviously not now since that's against the rules and all lol.

well the thing is there are some really awesome vocalists here, male and female, who might collaborate with you and lend their voice.

I'm also thinking that a male vocal would sound awesome in that song.

EDIT: the swell at the end of that track sounds like it's a little imbalanced, but that's just my untrained ear.

huh I didn't think that sampling the original track was against the rules :\

it may or may not be.

the vocal track has been altered significantly, a la "Black Wing Metamorphosis" and "The Final Summoning", but i remember there being specific reasons stated in the writeup as to why it was allowed.

i may be wrong though, gonna check.

EDIT: nevermind, black wing meta was a total false memory, bLiNd fixed that part up. Also, final summoning just says it was a spiffy idea, so yeah i was just being retarded.

DOUBLE EDIT: I still hold that a male vocal track on that would be totally kickass.

Sounds great. Nice and crisp and clean, great sound. However, it just feels like it's lacking a little. Some more variation in the percussive elements would really help in taking this to a whole other level. Some warmer background elements would help the verses, BT-ish kinda glitches and cuts perhaps throughout the track would help keep it interesting. Some filter sweeps in the synths would add a lot, as would perhaps some secondary bass arps and such.

Don't get me wrong, what you have here sounds fantastic... it's just missing the personal touches, little things here and there that would stop it from sounding a too-straight forward trance mix.

I'm really excited to hear more of this mix. Very, very promising :D

EDIT: And for the record, this is one of my favourite songs. Period. Great choice of source :D