[........]

I use Reason pretty much exclusively. I do resort to using Acid if I need to tweak vocals or other loops/samples sometimes, but I never really rewire the two. I see that everyone here is mentioning Record. Got a question for those of you who use it - what are the benefits of using it if you don't record vocals/live instruments? Are the mastering tools a lot better than just reason on its own?

I use Reason pretty much exclusively. I do resort to using Acid if I need to tweak vocals or other loops/samples sometimes, but I never really rewire the two. I see that everyone here is mentioning Record. Got a question for those of you who use it - what are the benefits of using it if you don't record vocals/live instruments? Are the mastering tools a lot better than just reason on its own?

http://www.propellerheads.se/mmm/index.cfm?fuseaction=eventinfo&EID=22

Much better. Beware though the SSL mixer's EQ's and Comps do colour the sound. It's not transparent. Which most people seem to prefer.

Neptune can create much thicker choruses and unisons than before. Plus you have finite control over pitch and can apply some cool effects to sound.

The SSL mixer in Record sounds great, though. If you don't wait to use the EQs/Comps on the mixer, you always have access to the other modules. Since buying Record, I pretty much never use Reason by itself. Neptune is great but Record also has wonderful stretching algorithms. I hardly touch Melodyne now except when I need more detailed control.