OCR01269 - Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble "A New Ray of Light"

djpretzel

I'm a lazy poster, would of posted sooner, rarely post and the only times I do post is on good music. What caught my attention is idiots calling this remix crap.

This trance is good. Only fools would say not. One of the best songs in my play list. Three thumbs up and don't let any one tell you any worse.

I concure. Good remix i like it. Achilles Sheild knows where its at, overheating is a masterpeice.

Great remix, I'm actually suprised this was still being worked on. And anything with input from the great Sir Nuts is always awesome.

And not to brag or anything, but yeah, I figure I mention that it was myself who made the multiple threads requesting this song to be remixed, and Sadorf was nice enough to make a WIP for me. Thanks man. :)

Now...on another topic, I'm not complaining, buuuuut... There are other songs in the game that are worthy of being remixed. It seems like that every time there's a Sonic & Tails 2 arrangement or remix out there, it's of this song.

I like to call it "The Ice Cap Zone Syndrome". ;P

At any rate... I, too was one of the people who DESPERATELY wanted to see this particular track remixed.

Words fall short, listening to this piece, I absolutely LOVE this.

I don't give a flying battery (little Sonic-related pun there) about wether it's supposed to be classified as techno, electronica, club house OR trance, I just want to say that... this track gives me good feelings. =D

In closing, I'd like to say the following:

"If you don't know anything about criticism, then please don't give it."

Thank you thank you thank you! I was another among those who requested this song be remixed, and I'm really thrilled that it's been answered.

The remix itself is totally satisfying, I enjoy it thoroughly. It all really comes together nicely. This is a wonderful piece, you two, and you should be very proud of it! Thanks again for remixing one of my favorites!

I must say. This song is great. I've been a fan of your music for some time. over at vgmix2. i've downloaded all your music. the rad racer song and the ninja gaiden. I'm always in awe of you. The only person that compares to your greatness in this genre i think is haroon piracha eh ffmusicdj.

anyways, my major gripe with this mix or any the mix you remixed. is that you need to find a female vocalist. haha. Vocal trance is one of favs. Kinda like motorcycle - as the rush comes is some good vocals. Or you need to find someone like Ian Van Dahl. SERIOUSLY find a female vocalist. PLEASE. Have you ever thought of trying that? well you should. heh. Then your threesome will be complete. You, Sadorf and a female vocalist. OH the possiblities.

so yeah, sandorf and sirnuts make a perfect duo. And a perfect team should remix Ninja Gaiden 3 stage 4-1. hahaha jokes jokes. But that would be a dream come true. though. *hint hint*

P.S.

keep up the good work SirNuts and Sandorf.

long time fan.

• 5 months later...

The Sunset Park Train is by far one of my favorite video game tunes ever, and this remix just multiplies it's awesomeness by at least...eleventy billion. It's about darn time someone remixed a Game Gear Sonic, and did a kickass job at the same time!

• 5 months later...

Definitely one fo the best remixes I've heard off the site. Dunno what that's worth seeing as I've yet to do more than scratch the surface of what's here. But this is a damn good track all the same.

Just one minor gripe to pick with it; there's about 7-8 seconds, starting around 1:47 that sounds 'off' to me. Dunno how best to describe it with my limited musical terminology, but there's something about the ambience there that doesn't sound quite right.

But otherwise top notch.

• 1 year later...

Just completed 'Sonic triple trouble' (emulated) and reacted by how awesome the music in 'Sunset Park - Train' actually was. I checked OCremix hoping to find some remixes of 'triple trouble', and luckily, the only remix made from this game was the one I hoped to find. You exploited the few possibilities from this song very well and made it long without making it boring. Great work! 8)

• 1 year later...

A game I never played, but I definitely have that theme stuck in my head thanks to this mix. I dunno what subset of electronica this falls under (though I'm sure someone else does), but the power and the groove here make this mix a big winner.

There have been bumps in the road in terms of getting some other collabs of theirs past the panel, while some others have made it. But no matter what, I haven't heard anything from these two in a while, which is definitely the community's loss when they bring it this strong.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

some production issues made this a little weaker to me than it could have been, , but there was a lot of great work, and a really enjoyable arrangement. I love how the gated pads had a really cool rhythm, and when it lined up with the snare rolls, it was super good. Breakdowns were solid, and everything just clicked with this one. Great collab, guys! :D

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01269 - Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble "A New Ray of Light"