Activision put Bizarre Creations on 3 Month notice... studio could close.

AkumajoBelmont

http://www.1up.com/news/activision-shuts-bizarre-creations-budcat

I am devastated. Bizarre Creations have been a mainstay in gaming all throughout my youth. Their Dreamcast games, Fur Fighters and Metropolis Street Racer, were golden; the PGR series I have always adored; and I don't think I even need to spell out what this could mean for Geometry Wars.

Blur was an under-appreciated gem, poorly marketed and software sales were dismal; but the game itself was fantastic.

If this all comes to pass, it'll be a sad, sad day.

A sad, sad day indeed.

Does it really matter if a company that hasn't made any good games in recent times gets closed down? Other than nostalgia I mean.

Well, it kinda does. Blur was excellent. Geometry Wars 2 was brilliant. The new James Bond is pretty decent too. It's not like they fell from grace or anything. Bizarre have always been pretty consistent... you buy a Bizarre Creations game, you know you're getting something good. I liked The Club too... that game was awesome. Probably a bit too different for most peeps tastes, but it was good.

EDIT: It's just a shame to see such talent hanging in the balance. It's purely sales that's behind all this... there's no real question of their talent.