Green Lantern Trailer

The Damned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCEcYg3lNR4&feature=player_embedded

OK, yeah, I admit it, it doesn't look that sucky at all. I wasn't expecting much, considering how the lead actor is... but the trailer does make it look good, and even if the Superman movie sucked, the Batman ones were pretty good, so there's an above average pedigree there.

I don't generally trust trailers. This looks like the standard superhero trailer post-Batman Begins (or maybe even Spider-Man). Is Hal Jordan doing well so far?

I'm not sure if Reynolds is a bad actor or if he's just been in a number of bad movies. Or at least a number of his films haven't been shooting very high. Is he good when he's not in a chick flick or National Lampoon-grade comedy?

Have to agree with Sindra. Dear Hollywood: Stop wimping out and CGI'ing costumes and hire a freaking tailor.

Also, this is a decent trailer, but I'm afraid my opinion of this movie (even though it seems Reynolds will do a good job) will be slightly lower than normal only because it's obvious Hal Jordan should be played by Nathan Fillion:

I don't really like the concept of the Green Lantern compared to some of my favorite comic heroes. He just seems, I don't know.. way too cheesy.

I like Ryan Reynolds though. I'm sure I'll watch this but definitely not in theaters.

Edit:

Also, this is a decent trailer, but I'm afraid my opinion of this movie (even though it seems Reynolds will do a good job) will be slightly lower than normal only because it's obvious Hal Jordan should be played by Nathan Fillion:

And this I agree with.

I'm a Green Lantern fan -- really hoping that this movie turns out well. Loved the trailer, though the "Brightest Day, Blackest Night" voice at the end seemed out of place considering that we're seeing the origin story...

How is that out of place?

That's the first line of the Green Lantern Oath.

I don't like the organic looking suits though...