Green Lantern Trailer

The Damned

I think I got a boner watching that trailer.

Also Ryan Reynolds isn't a bad actor.

As a huge GL fan, I don't care if Hollywood does the typical 1) completely-ignore-the-fans gag, 2) exploit-the-franchise-by-spawning-useless-sequels trick, or even 3) the get-us-hyped-up-and-completely-blow-us-over-like-the-last-airbender combo.

The only boner that matters is if it is caused by at least 5 minutes of Kilowog bamf-ness. I will be highly unaroused if they ruin the "Poozer" man.

• 4 months later...
Down with alien looking lanterns and organic looking costumes.

Am I the only one that doesn't like them?

I can't believe you don't like alien looking lanterns. That kind of thing goes all the way back to the silver age. The whole appeal of the Green Lantern corps is that it's big science fiction with tons of weird aliens.

I can't believe you don't like alien looking lanterns. That kind of thing goes all the way back to the silver age. The whole appeal of the Green Lantern corps is that it's big science fiction with tons of weird aliens.

When I read Green Lantern, I see spandex and earth looking lanterns.

It looks cool in the movie, but I like the comic book lanterns and costumes better. :P

Lately I have this feeling that the movie will slaughter at the box office, but ultimately tank on the quality-o-meter. I hope to be mistaken, but I just don't really put much faith initially in super hero movies anymore. I really liked Wolverine Origins, but for that one good movie, seems like we've had to climb over a pile of mediocre ones...

The appeal of this movie is Ryan Reynolds

that is all

Should be a fun watch though

I'm still upset they didn't cast black Green Lantern

Could have been Michael Clarke Duncan... or Terry Crews

I had only ever seen black Green Lantern before this movie then I started seeing the old white one, and he just looks like a douche.

Good casting for this movie then. XD

I can't say anything for the content, but I think they really messed up in the art department. Personally I think the CG and aliens look like shit. Everything just looks really stupid, including Sinestro. This is coming from someone who loves aliens and monsters and stuff. I'm talking about the CG quality itself, not the creature designs.

I had only ever seen black Green Lantern before this movie then I started seeing the old white one, and he just looks like a douche.

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of people who are angry because they "changed the green lantern to be white" and didn't know he was a different guy.

I can't say anything for the content, but I think they really messed up in the art department. Personally I think the CG and aliens look like shit. Everything just looks really stupid, including Sinestro. This is coming from someone who loves aliens and monsters and stuff. I'm talking about the CG quality itself, not the creature designs.

They also MESSED UP THE LANTERNS, RINGS, AND COSTUMES