Arcade stick issues..? (PS3 related)

Schwaltzvald

Okay so I pretty much held back from buying it as at the time the game pad was enough and occasionally borrowing an arcade stick from a friend. Finally got to where I'd rather have my own. Saw a stick that looked reasonably priced but in reading the comments it seems a lot of "unlicensed" accessories were killed in the process, including

and even a Hori stick.

It's strange to me as the old Nyko Media Hub still works for me just fine.

My advice: Get a madcatz SE stick. They're cheap these days and reliable -- not to mention that if you want a really nice joystick you can drop in quality Sanwa parts with minimal effort.

If I can take off the face plate art, I'd be sold on it. Nothing against it but even if I'm not looking at it, I have this deep need to change it. As if it's smacking my eyes but in a very obnoxious way.

Seconding the madcatz se stick, I own a te and have another se on the way. If you ever feel like the se isn't good enough you can easily swap in better parts pretty cheaply from lizard lick.

And luckily for you, the deal I used to get the new se is still active. http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/41815/street-fighter-iv-with-mad-catz-official-fight-stick-controller-bundle-ps3-or-xbox-360

30 dollars plus a copy of street fighter 4 which is negligible since ssf4 is out, but still a great deal.

EDIT: Guess I should have read more than the first couple posts, bardic found the same deal haha. Also about the shipping the walmart one you get get with store pickup so there's no shipping involved.