Silent Hill 2 - Theme of Laura (Laura Takes a Chill Pill Mix)

Troyificus

Hmmm... Not bad...

It's kind of like Vangelis meets Yamaoka...

Can I ask what program you are using?

My complaint here really some of the samples... And there's a bit too much reverb and release floating around... I like the harp... The lead is kind of bleh... That sharp tinkly one... I think maybe something like a piano or a rhodes or e-piano that's a little more subdued might be a better choice.

Some of the synths are really default sounding, like... I describe them as "derp derp derp" type sounds, especially that bass one that releases with a weird "spacey" delay...

I think your song would have more substance to it (and more people would get what you were going for) if you concentrated on making your leads more clear, and went for a certain sound that didn't sound like you were "trying out this new cool synth"

I mean yeah, this is your second song, and you're just started, but you wanted brutal. Not bad for a second song :J... Keep it up.

Hmmm... Not bad...

It's kind of like Vangelis meets Yamaoka...

Can I ask what program you are using?

My complaint here really some of the samples... And there's a bit too much reverb and release floating around... I like the harp... The lead is kind of bleh... That sharp tinkly one... I think maybe something like a piano or a rhodes or e-piano that's a little more subdued might be a better choice.

Some of the synths are really default sounding, like... I describe them as "derp derp derp" type sounds, especially that bass one that releases with a weird "spacey" delay...

I think your song would have more substance to it (and more people would get what you were going for) if you concentrated on making your leads more clear, and went for a certain sound that didn't sound like you were "trying out this new cool synth"

I mean yeah, this is your second song, and you're just started, but you wanted brutal. Not bad for a second song :J... Keep it up.

Thanks dude, that's a lot of info there and I appreciate you taking the time to relay it to me.

I use Mixcraft for all my projects and for this song I mostly used the VST Alchemy.

I get what you mean about the leads, when I'd finished it I wasnt too happy with the sound but didn't really know what I could replace it with. I might revisit this song at some point and put your feedback to good use :-D Thanks again.