OCR Album Cover

JazzMaster1992

Hey guys!

I just actually joined the website but I've been a frequent downloader for a couple of years now. I wanted to give back to the community somehow, and well this has probably been done before, but I made an album cover to be used with all OCR mixes. If anybody wants to use it, or critique it, or anything, feel free lol.

-Ian

PS: I hope this thread is in the right place :P

Original here

5167662472_3eeb83a3f9_z.jpg

Maybe get some different controllers for each square?

I dunno, it's cool and all but it's too 'original' in style to me. Doesn't really have any OCR style traits. For example the OCR colours are silver and orange. It also doesn't have the OCR logo really, just elements from it (the controller and the headphones but seperate).

It's great if you want an original cover but to me it doesn't shout OCR.

Hmmm yeah. I see what you mean. I was looking for an OCR image to the design originally but I wasn't sure how to find something that fit. This was really just me messing around in Photoshop/Gimp to come up with something for my own personal use...I'm an Organization Nazi when it comes to my iTunes so I make sure everything has a correct name, album, artist, cover art etc. I just wanted to see what people on here thought but then I should definitely expect to hear some criticism regarding its integration into the actual website design eh?

But I'll take your ideas into consideration for sure. Hopefully, I can come up with something as good that actually fits the website heh

-Ian

You know, you could have used the headphones and snes pad log that's been the site's visual moniker for years...

Just a thought.

I love it when people use the word 'moniker.'

Fucking great word.

And... yeah I'm not a huge fan of that color scheme, what I do in iTunes is use the artwork of the videogame in the cover art sector, works for me!

Thank you! Certainly can i fix one without the text

ocrcover.png

This is very nice! I thought that an official OCR embedded album art was on it's way in with the updated tagging system (whenever that goes live...), but I have to say, I am very tempted to just apply this to all of my OCR mp3s immediately, good stuff.

This is very nice! I thought that an official OCR embedded album art was on it's way in with the updated tagging system (whenever that goes live...), but I have to say, I am very tempted to just apply this to all of my OCR mp3s immediately, good stuff.

Really? Never heard of this could you give me a link to the source of this?

And thanks for the kind words :D